24. No one's fault

Long chappy cos I might not be able to update regularly for the next couple of weeks. I have sem exams coming up in four days, so I'm gonna be busy, I guess. 

***************

Taehyung woke up to tiny sobs filling the otherwise quiet living room. He wanted to look around and investigate the source, but a huge pain in his chest stopped him from doing so. He involuntarily let out a pained grunt before realizing that he was supposed to stay silent. 

(Un)fortunately, Seokjin and Namjoon, who were sitting in the same room, silently watching Jimin cry with a shocked and confused Hana in his arms, supposed that Taehyung's pained grunt came from him sleeping the whole afternoon at an odd angle. 

With a bit of an effort, Taehyung sat up straight and opened his eyes with a frown, and his eyes fell right on their new neighbour crying with Hana in his arms. 

Not knowing what else she was supposed to do, Hana was trying her best to wipe his tears away with a sad frown on her own features, but they weren't stopping. 

Taehyung cooed at her internally before trying to get off the floor. However, the pain in his chest shot up so high that he fell right back on his ass with another pained grunt. 

"Ohh? Are you alright, Tae?" Namjoon got up from the other couch in the living room and took a step towards Taehyung. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Taehyung said and managed to get off the floor this time, and rushed to the guest room. 

He barely managed to lock the door of the bathroom behind him before collapsing to the floor with a gasp. Tears gushed out of his eyes because of the pain in his chest. It was nothing like the normal pains that he always had. It was a hundred times worse. 

He took a few deep breaths, hoping it would go away soon, but it did not. Thus, he got off the floor and slowly made his way to the drawer under the washbasin, hoping to find Aspirin in it. 

When he did not find any, a desperate sob tore out of his throat. 

His knuckles turned white from the tight grip that he had around the sides of the washbasin. He took a few more deep breaths to calm himself down. He wiped the tears off his face and slowly made his way out of the bathroom. 

Trying to act as naturally as possible, he walked out of the room, only to find Jeongguk and Jimin at the collars of each other once again. 

He looked around for Namjoon or Seokjin and found Seokjin on his ass on the floor, almost as if he had tried to separate the fighting couple and had ended up being shoved to the floor. 

"H-Hyung...." Taehyung called out, trying to smile at him, even though it probably looked more like a grimace than a smile. 

"Oh, Taehyung, thank god, you are back!! Do something and stop Jeongguk, please!!" Seokjin exclaimed desperately. "I...where's Hana?" Taehyung had to force the words out of his throat. 

"Namjoon took her into the bedroom," Seokjin said. 

"Ohh...I'll check up on her inste-"

A loud crash interrupted him and had the two of them whipping their heads towards the vase that Jeongguk had literally hurled at Jimin. 

Jimin, who looked horrified, recovered right away and lunged back at Jeongguk, this time grabbing his throat, making a chill run down Taehyung's spine. 

He ran to separate the two of them with Seokjin already trying to pull Jimin away from Jeongguk, who was trying to choke Jimin as well. 

"STOP IT, JEONGGUK!!!" Taehyung yelled as loudly as he could, even though it stole more of his breath away.