40. Party and drinks

"Aww, my baby's looking great!!" Jeongguk exclaimed, looking at Hana, who was looking like a blue, puffed-up fluff ball because of the frock that he had put on her. Hana giggled and detached herself from him before running into Taehyung's room. 

Jeongguk waited for the two of them at the dining room with his eyes on his wallpaper. A picture of Taehyung and Hana sleeping with Taehyung's hand around her waist. "Shall we go?" he heard behind him after a while and turned around.

"Yeah, let's go," he smiled and stood up, leaning forward to peck Taehyung's lips once before leaving. The cannula that Taehyung had under his nose touched his face, but he didn't mind it. 

He had talked to Seojoon about the party and Seojoon had suggested carrying a small oxygen tank around as the nights were becoming colder and colder. Surprisingly, Taehyung hadn't protested. 

However, Jeongguk wasn't that lucky at not having any arguments with Taehyung in general. He had suggested taking Taehyung to buy clothes for him a few days ago and had ended up pouting alone in the room after Taehyung stormed out of the room with his teeth grinding back and forth in anger. 

He tried bringing the matter up as gently as he could a couple of days later, but he gave it up the second Taehyung looked up from his plate, daring him with his eyes to continue talking about it. 

"I'm fine wearing my own shirt. I'll stand away from you, if that's what you are worried about," had been his words. 

"Wha-...Taehyung, what the hell?! That's not what I....." Jeongguk had huffed, not knowing how to tell Taehyung that that was not what he had wanted to convey, "don't stay away from me. Wear whatever you want, I don't mind."

One look at Taehyung's untucked, old, buttoned-up shirt, one of the only three worn-out outwear that he had, told Jeongguk that Taehyung would feel embarrassed about it after looking at the other people in the party. He didn't want him to feel that way, but he had no other option. 

He watched as Taehyung settled in the car with his shoulder bag (oxygen tank) settled in between his legs and let Hana sit on his lap. 

Once the two of them got settled, he started the engine. "LET'S GO PARTY, PARTY!!!" he hyped Hana up. "PATHY PATHY PATHY!!!" Hana yelled along, jumping up and down on Taehyung's lap. "YASSSS," Taehyung yelled along with her with a huge grin on his face, holding her down by her hips. 

As Jeongguk expected, Hana had a wonderful time at the party, but Taehyung spent most of the time at the food section, trying to blend himself into the walls, trying his best to stay invisible. However, Seokjin and Hoseok didn't mind it and pulled him along wherever they could, trying to get him to enjoy and interact with everyone until almost everyone left. 

Jimin was busy talking with Yoongi and thus missed how Namjoon started walking towards a group of ladies. "Careful, careful!!" Jeongyeon suddenly yelled, making Jimin whip his head towards her. Jeongguk whipped his head towards her as well, knowing Hana was with the group of ladies. 

The two of them were met with the scene of Namjoon reassuring Jeongyeon that he wouldn't drop Dohyeon while holding him clumsily. 

"Hyung, careful!!" Jeongguk and Jimin exclaimed at the same time. "Stop exaggerating, you two!! I'm not gonna drop him," Namjoon said, cradling Dohyeon close to his chest. 

"Hold his head, hyung," Jeongguk advised, walking closer to him. Jimin, who was already there, adjusted Namjoon's hold on his son. "He is such a cute little fella," Namjoon cooed and sat down on one of the chairs and placed the tiny 'fella' on his lap so that he could play with him.