8. The concept of sharing

The time after breakfast went by rather fast. No matter how hard Jeongguk tried, he couldn't concentrate on his work. Taehyung's words about having made a friend for the first time in his life kept ringing in his ears. 

'What the hell, though? How did he live all these years without making a single friend??' he kept thinking the whole time. The way Taehyung kept tearing up the whole time during breakfast, even though the latter had tried his best to hide it, really got to his heart. 

Hours passed by and Jeongguk didn't even notice it until a tiny human being ran into his room to call him for lunch. 

"Ohh? I didn't even notice the time going," Jeongguk mumbled and set his laptop aside, sighing after realizing that he had done absolutely no work on it. "Let's go," he said and picked Hana up into his arms. 

"What did you do till now?" he asked her. "Taetae oppa and I played Ba'bie house!! We a'e gonna watch Tom and Jelly afte' eating" she said with excitement shining in her eyes in the form of stars. 

"Really? That's good," Jeongguk said and ruffled her hair, feeling thankful that Taehyung had engaged Hana and kept her from disturbing him even though his own mind had done a better job at disturbing him than his daughter could ever do.  

Lunch went by smoothly as well. However, when Jeongguk returned to his bedroom after lunch to try and concentrate on his work this time, he heard a loud crash from the guest room before he could even settle down on his chair.  

"NO, HANA, DON'T!!" he could hear the panic in Taehyung's yell. With a frown, he rushed out of his room to check out what was happening with his daughter and Taehyung. 

Before he could reach the room, he heard another crash, as if someone threw something at the wall. 

"HANA!! NO, PLE-shit, spit them out, SPIT THEM!!" he heard and by the time he reached the guest room, he found a panicked Taehyung kneeling in front of a tearful Hana with his palm in front of her pouty mouth. 

"What happened??" Jeongguk asked, taking in the mess in the guest room. There was an open, empty box next to the wall and there were different strips and bottles of tablets scattered all over the floor. 

"Hana, spit them out!! You shouldn't eat them, please!!" Taehyung ignored Jeongguk and begged Hana, but she had already swallowed the unfortunately not-bitter 'dirty candies'. 

"BAD BOY!!" Hana yelled at him with tears in her eyes and ran to her father instead. She didn't understand what the whole fuss was about and why Taehyung wouldn't share his candies with her. 

Ever since she met him, she had seen him eat a lot of candies without sharing a single one of them with her. She had asked him to share them with her many times and had received a, 'No, Hana. They are dirty candies. They are not for you,' from him in return every single time. 

But she had finally had enough of watching Taehyung eat those candies alone and grabbed them from his hand right before he could put them in his mouth and ran away before he could follow her for his candies. 

"What happened, hyung?" Jeongguk asked again when she wrapped her arms around his thigh and began to wail. 

Taehyung sat back on the floor with a hand on his head. He looked up at Jeongguk with panicked tears in his eyes. "She ate my tablets. I don't know if they are bad for her, but I do know that eating unprescribed tablets is bad for health in general" he said. 

At that, Jeongguk looked around once again, taking in the ample amount of tablets that were scattered on the floor. 

'Why does he take so many tablets in the first place?' he thought but kept himself from asking. It wasn't his place to dig into personal stuff, after all. They weren't that close yet.