Emma Redfox

Lucy's POV

"Why the bank accounts? There is so much more you could have wanted to take, yet you only wanted the money." I sat in a metal chair outside of my father's cell. He sat in a chair similar to mine with guards standing on either side of him. Natsu stood behind me with eyes that darkened with anger, not directed towards me, that was trying to burn a hole through my father's head.

"Lucile... my darling. You're so small-minded. If you run out of money everything becomes a beautiful domino effect of chaos." The evil smile on his face brought back memories of my childhood I didn't want to be resurfaced. I could feel my face go white and stomach knot. I tried my best to keep the nauseous feeling suppressed.

"You're sick." Natsu hissed. I wanted to verbally agree but chose to keep my mouth shut. My father and I only glared at each other.

"All of that to get revenge on Igneel." I hissed, venom dripping from my lips. My father's laugh echoed off the walls of his cell. "I'm guessing you were going to keep the money."

"My daughter, of course, I was. If it wasn't for that dumb maid everything would have gone according to plan."

"Virgo saved my life!" I stood from the chair in defense of the masochistic maid who saved my life. Natsu lightly touched my shoulder and spoke in a ginger tone, 

"Luce, I think that's enough." I let out a huff and left without another word. I should've known he was going to try to rial me up like that. My father lives to see a reaction out of me, out of anyone in sort of pain or distress. Natsu walked behind me and put the safety on his gun back on then grabbed my hand to slow down my stomping pace. "Don't let him get under your skin."

"He's doing a damn good job at it." We both chuckled. 

"Did you get your answer?" Natsu glanced at me. 

I hummed in satisfaction, "Honestly, it'll have to do. I never actually had a well-thought-out plan in mind. I just walked down purely out of rage and spite. I know the best way for me to get revenge on him would be to put him back in jail, but that even that place couldn't hold that demon." There was a slight huff in my voice from walking up the stairs. Natsu only gave a slight nod. Natsu's smart, he knows what we need, but he didn't have the whole story. It was only bits and pieces for him. But he's intelligent enough to fill in the pieces.

While walking up the stairs we heard a loud scream. Both of us turning around quickly to investigate. It was Wendy at the door of the base. Grandeneey was there too. It seemed Wendy knew what the Dragneel's actually did know. "Mom! Seriously!" Natsu and I laughed to ourselves at her amazement. Part of me thought she'd want nothing to do with her family and friends when she found out, but it seems I was wrong. After observing Wendy's glimmering eyes filled with wonder, Natsu ushered me along saying we had work to finish. 

Getting back to the large office, I sat at Natsu's desk and spread the files out. I could see all the documents, my notes, and anything else that could bring down Sabertooth and put Lisanna and my father behind bars. Natsu and I stood in front of them all. At first, Natsu seemed like he was trying to keep himself from stepping on my toes, "Well, are you going to help me, Weirdo?"

"You're the weird one." The pinkette pouted while taking out another legal pad from his desk drawer.

The time seemed to move quickly as a lot of progress was made. Granted neither of us can appear in court unless our lawyers were given a court order for our presence, but we can give a plan and organize information for the trial. The plan seemed pretty foolproof with a Psychologist and future mafia boss giving the instruction. 

Our grooves were broken by a knocking at the door. I lifted my head from the pages while Natsu took a quick stance, reaching for his gun. He backed down when he saw his mother peaking through the large double doors. "Are we interrupting something?" The tone in her voice was extremely suggestive, but me and Natsu didn't catch on at first.