Formal Attire

Lucy's POV

It's been 2 weeks and we haven't found Gray. We skipped the Winter Ball redo to focus on finding him. Juvia just staggers around the base aimlessly, so I told her to come to work with me. Luckily the poor girl agreed. I told her to meet me at the mansion in the morning before I drive over.

I woke up to Natsu's arms wrapped around my neck and head, my face was buried in his chest. I was oddly comfortable. Natsu's small dragon snores were soft and adorable I couldn't help but smiled. He had one hand protecting the back of my head and the other was wrapped around my neck, keeping me close. I shifted a little so I could reach his face with my hands that were formally grasping onto his shirt. I cupped his face with my hands and softly left my fingers to play with the tips of his frizzy hair. I was about to kiss his nose but my phone started ringing which woke him up. I sighed and moved over to grab my phone off of the charging port, "Heartfilia."

"It's Katie. I just got a call from the Ward saying that Lori isn't doing well. They said they need us there right away." Katie sounded calm but was obviously moving around. I jumped up and continued my conversation with her,

"Any specifics?"

"Yeah, dispatch said she's having major hallucinations and deliria. She's gotten sick a couple of times early in the morning, and night crew stayed with her most of the night."

"Okay, are you about to leave your house?"

"Almost. I called you right after dispatch called me. I don't know why they didn't call you though."

"It is... well if you get there before I can you have Terry check her blood and if you can get her to vomit one more time, get a sample of that. Also who she's been with the past 36 hours. I'll be there shortly."

"Yes. I'm on it!" Katie hung up with a small click. She and I only work friends because she sometimes forgets that I'm her superior and I have to remind her- granted I don't like doing that but she twists my arm sometimes.

I was throwing clothes on when Natsu came up behind me, still groggy, "Why you up... so early..."

"I'm needed at the Ward. Can you go wake up Juvia, she's supposed to come with me today."

"Don't her and Gajeel have a gig tonight?" Natsu rubbed his eyes before walked out of the bathroom door. I questioned, in my head, if they did because I had no idea.

Juvia walked down the hallway with Natsu following not far behind

Juvia walked down the hallway with Natsu following not far behind. Her natural curls sprung out everywhere and bounced around her frame. I glanced at Natsu who looked just as worried and sad as me. We've been working late into the night to try and get leads on where Gray could have been taken, but we still haven't found anything. I tried to distract Juvia for a minute, "Do you and Gajeel have a gig tonight?"

 I tried to distract Juvia for a minute, "Do you and Gajeel have a gig tonight?"