Far Away

Lucy's POV

"Lucy!" Natsu's sleepy voice hovered over my still figure. I didn't open my eyes, "What?"

He moved closer and laid a gentle hand on the side of my hip, "You turned away from me... do you not love me anymore?" I let out a long sigh and turned back over in the bed to face, keeping my eyes closed,

"Happy?" Natsu only giggled like a toddler and wrapped his arms around my figure to pull me into him. He sighed in content and quickly fell back asleep. "Of course, I still love you, idiot..."

I woke up after Natsu which was a little surprising until Grandeneey told me that Gray came over demanding Natsu's help with a mission. I don't think either of them has been on a mafia job in a while. Grandeneey and I sat in her reading nook that was tucked away from the rest of the mansion and read silently together. I didn't have to go into the Psych Ward today, so I took today as a well-deserved break. I started thinking about what Natsu said to me a couple of nights ago. He's mentioned how he and I have never been on a proper date. The more I thought about it the more I realized that this had been eating at him for quite a while. Just, in the heat of the moment, all of his feelings exploded.  I felt like he had more to say but still bit his tongue. My mind then reminded me of what I heard him say to Grandeneey. He wants to marry me? We haven't been dating that long though. Trying to ignore the blush growing on the tips of my ears I focused my eyes on the words on the page. My phone rang in a matter of seconds after trying to regain composure.

Laxus? He never calls me

Laxus? He never calls me. I excused myself from the room and answered the call once I shut the door, "Hi Laxus, is everything okay?"

"Hey, Loco-"

"Not my name."

"Not important. I'm assuming you don't want to appear in court for the Sabertooth trial."

"I'd like to avoid it if possible."

"Great, all I need you to do is write a detailed report of everything from the beginning. Mira is emailing you a guideline, that should help." The sounds of a keyboard clicking rang through the phone.

"Okay. I can do that. When do you need it?"

"Tomorrow would be good."

"Yeah, sure. I'll take my one day off to write a report for the second job that I don't get paid for."

"Perfect! Bye Loco!" Just like that Laxus hung up the phone. I groaned and stamped my foot on the floor in childish frustration. Making my way to the kitchen, Plu came running towards me. I pet his head and let him follow me. Wendy stumbled in through the back door and went running through the house. Romeo came in hot on her tail, both of them laughing. They both said hi to me in passing, but I could only give them a confused wave. I grabbed water from the fridge and started walking towards Natsu's room to go grab my computer before I left for the Psych Ward. She was finally home with Emma. I was still near the living room when I heard to front doors open and slam shut.