Coming Home

Lucy's POV

The spring air blew into my office as I sat in the sat seat across from me at my desk

"Zeref, I've asked you the same question 8 times, please answer honestly." I rubbed my temples and slouched over in my chair. Zeref has made a lot of progress and I'm trying to get him to answer the one question that could get him out of here and back home. I'd still monitor him of course.

"What was it again?" I noticed a mischievous tone in his voice. My head popped up,

"Are you getting enjoyment out of this?"

"Nah, I'm just kidding with you." He waved his hand at me,

"Zeref, you can't do that. This determines whether you can go home and see your family. Now, I'll ask once more: Would you ever intentionally harm someone to see them in pain?"

"No."

"Now here's the kicker: Why?"

"Uh, because harming someone isn't morally right, and anytime I see anyone in pain I should try to comfort them, but if I'm starting to feel any type of enjoyment I should remove myself and ask to talk to someone who can help me regain my balance."

"...That sounded so scripted."

"Well, I wrote it down last night and re-read it all night, so I could see Mavis today." The bright light that shown in his eyes had shown his growth as a person. I sighed with a smile on my face and wrote his departure.

"Congratulations, Zeref Dragneel. You get to go home. Now, you will be supervised for the first 2 weeks and then your family with do random check-ins after that."

Zeref jumped off the chair he was seated in and pulled me into a hug. The burning of my skin had to be set aside because I knew he was happy to finally be with his soulmate. He thanked me a million times as the guards hurriedly followed him down the hallway. I went back into my office where the "final exam" was held and sat in my chair with a small smile. I picked up my phone and texted Natsu,

"He's coming home."

Seconds later I got a call on my phone from Grandeeney, "Heartfilia." I acted like I didn't know who it was,

"Lucy! Is it true? My son's coming home!!"

"Yes ma'am." She said nothing else, but she did hang up. I have a feeling it was to call the entire gang. The only thing Natsu sent was a small smiley face with the words, "Thank you" on the screen. I knew that he'd make a big deal of it when I got home so I let it be for now. Another text arrived shortly after that, "Also, I have a PI for the next two days, it shouldn't take any longer than that. If you and Zeref get home before I leave I'll say bye again. But I'll do it now just in case... Bye Luce, I love you! I can't wait to come home to you<3" I wanted to smile and frown at the same time. I knew he was still doing PI stuff, but it still made me sad.