He said...

Lucy's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and shaking. Natsu's arm laid loosely around me. I slowly sat up and tried to calm myself down. The more I concentrated the more I could hear yelling. I knew that voice, Sting. It sounded like someone was yelling back at him, but I couldn't make out who it was. I heard Natsu shuffle around causing my head to turn towards him. The arm that had formally wrapped around me was now searching for a life form. Natsu's eye shot open and saw me looking at him. Hearing Stings voice made me flinch and remember the trauma of being with him. Silent tears fell from my face and Natsu climbed over to me and wrapped me in a warm hug. He didn't say anything but he did rub my hair softly. I grabbed onto his shirt and shook at the sound of his voice. Natsu released me from the hug and got out of the bed. He told me to stay put and I listened.

I watched Natsu stomp out of my room and towards the yelling, "Dad! What the hell!? Why is he still here? Lucy can't take this!"

"I don't know why she's so worked up.. tch... that worthless bitch..." I couldn't see anything, just the wall.

"I would watch your mouth, jackass!" Natsu spat back.

"Okay! Sting, leave! Natsu, go back to Lucy. I'll handle everything with his parents tomorrow." Igneel spoke. He sounded overworked and tired. I heard Natsu huff and walk back towards my room. I tried to get up, but my legs failed me causing me to fall to the ground. Natsu calmly shut the door not having realized I was crying on the floor. When he noticed he rushed over to me and asked if he could touch me. I nodded yes and he picked me up and placed me in the bed. He got in with me, but hovered over me,

"He's gone now, Beautiful." He moved some of my hair out of my face and wiped my cheek with his thumb. I wearily smiled and placed my hand on Natsu's muscled arm.

"What time is it?" I said looking over to find a clock. Natsu reached over to the table and looked at his phone,

"1:48." I groaned and rolled over my side. Natsu fell behind me and played with my hair,

"What do you want to do tomorrow?"

"Mhm... I don't know."

"What about you show how to play the piano."

"Wendy will want to learn too if she sees you doing it."

"I love her but she's a handle full... Ok! Then play one song for me." Natsu chuckled

"I'd have to practice it first." I sighed turning over to face Natsu.

"That's fine."

"Then what?"

"I don't know. We can figure it out from there."

"Natsu. Is this you're a way of asking me out on a date without actually asking me out on a date~?" I recounted my previous words the first he tried something similar to this. He playfully touched his heart and scoffed with a smile,

"Why yes, Beautiful! What else would you expect from me?" He got really close to my face and touched his nose on mine before winking. I laughed and laid in my back. It's weird how emotions work. I was shaking and refusing everything hours ago, but now I'm laughing and smiling without a care in the world. I also find it disgusting how one man can make me shrink, how he can squash all previous happiness like a bug. I knew Natsu wanted to ask me about what happened between Sting and me.

"I knew him in college. He asked me out SO many times, but I denied him so many times. I guess he did some digging and found out I was really rich because I got all the money my father had before he went to jail. I didn't want people knowing I was rich, so he used that against me. I told him I'd go on one date and that's all. I did... ew... He was vile and disgusting. I was studying human interaction and conversation, so I could see right through him. I showed him that I had power over myself and he didn't like that. He found my dorm and snuck in. My roommate was never there unless she was grabbing clothes, so I was alone. He tied me down, drugged me, and-"