Déjà vu

Lucy's POV

Grandeeney and Igneel move the redo of the Winter Ball to Christmas, and I start working again tomorrow. Wendy told me that she and Romeo were taking a break, so she's been hanging out with me a lot. Natsu had to go on a PI job and he calls me every day, at least twice. I've been noticing so the tension between Grandeeney and Injeel and from how much Wendy has been around me, I think it has something to do with her. She hasn't been herself and it was effecting her school performance.

I was sitting on the backyard patio and texting Erza about my starting work tomorrow when Grandeeney came out, "Lucy? Can I make a very... radical request?"

 radical request?"

"Yeah!" I put my phone down and looked up at her

"Yeah!" I put my phone down and looked up at her. She seemed fidgety and nervous.

"Igneel has been a bit pushy towards Wendy about her grades dropping and then her relationship with Romeo, and she expressed to me that she doesn't want to come home if her father is going to bring her every action up as negative. I've tried to help her but she's not being very responsive... I guess what I'm trying to say is; Can Wendy stay with you for a couple of days? I know it's a lot the ask considering you're going back to the Ward to take care Zeref, and I-"

"I'd be happy to. She can stay as long as she wants." I smiled. The panic that previously consumed her features subsided into a new look of relief.

"Thank you." She held her hand to her chest.

"If any of you need my help I am here 100% percent. Natsu knows where I live and Levy knows where the extra key is, but my door is always open to anyone I consider my family." I smiled gently, but stiffened when I saw her look up at me in tears,

"Thank you for saving my family. I don't know how to repay you..."

"You don't need to... My mom used to say that I shouldn't do something kind and charitable because someone is watching, but I should do it because it means I've done something to heal someone, no matter who it may be." Tears began to swell at my eyes as I remembered my mother's caring voice.

"That is very selfless of you, but I need to know how to repay you." She let out a rough laugh, I sighed,

"I don't need anything because having this group of misfit children is all I need. I have opened up and let my wings spread more just by knowing them for 8 months. If you really want to repay me, just promise me that no matter how many steps back Zeref takes- you will not give up on him." She cried more and looked at me in despair,