Fierce Dragon

Natsu's POV

"He said that you love me, so that makes me family...," I froze, holding my breath, "Natsu. Do you love me?... Because the last person who said that made an empty promise, and I... and I believed it. Be honest with me, please." Her eyes were pleading for answers. I exhaled for a moment a closed my eyes. I put my hands over my eyes and grumbled. I heard Lucy pull back in her chair, she stood and left. My head shot up and watched her walk out of the Cafe.

I rushed after her and called her name. She finally stopped in a park. "What Natsu!? Was every kiss, every flirtatious gesture, every caring look, and gentle touch fake!? Did I let my walls down for my heart to be shattered more!? Did I let you hold me and make me feel safe for nothing!?" She was stammering and on brink of tears. People glanced our way as she screamed out in pain.

"Luce-"

"No! Don't, Luce, me!"

"Lucy. Listen. I didn't think my dad would tell you that I love you before I could."

"W...what?"

"Luce, every kiss, every flirtation, every caring gesture, and every time I held you my heart would soar to highest heights.  I wanted to tell you I love you last night, but plans changed. You're so much stronger than you make yourself out to be. You don't understand how beautiful you are, Luce. Seeing you in that dress- it felt like a wedding. I wanted to say I do right there! From the first moment our eyes connected I was completely captivated by you. You stole my heart without even trying, Lucy, I love you." She stood still. Tears silently streaming down her face. Her mouth was slightly open. I could see her breath in the chilly air. The fall leaves fell around her, making her look like a fallen angel. I took a step toward her, she just watched me. I lightly pulled her into a hug. Only for a moment did she hug me before she moved her hands towards my face and pulled me into a kiss,

"I love you too, Natsu" It was only a whisper but I heard it. I smiled brightly as I kissed her.

"Oh. My. God." Juvia stood on the cobblestone path with her shopping bags dropping from her arm, her phone fell too. Lucy hid her face in my shirt. I blushed and looked away.

Juvia picked up her things and muttered something her breath, "Juvia wants you to explain?"

"It- um..." Lucy tried but failed. I didn't know how to explain what was happening, but I was still sinking in her words... She loves me.... She loves me...

"Fine Juvia will let you explain everything over drinks. Gajeel and Juvia are playing at the old tavern on Lilly St. around 7 tonight. Everyone will come and we'll hear what's going on... here." We both nodded rapidly. Juvia turned on her heel and dialed someone's number, probably Gray, on her phone.