Jail Break

Lucy's POV

I really really love being with Natsu, but sadly I have to work. Zeref has been doing really well according to the reports that are sitting at my desk. Romeo picked up Wendy from my house, and I told him to take care of her. Natsu had to start a new case today for a wife who thought his husband was cheating, I scoffed at the ridiculous request only for Natsu to say he gets stuff like this all the time.

I walked through the white tile halls making my heels click. I was doing a general check on all my patients today. Lori, Adian, Rose, Christina, and then Zeref. Each patient is going through the same evaluation test because they weren't under my care for a week. Lori told me all about how she and Rose were getting along. Rose spoke of the same thing which surprised me because neither of them seemed apt to talk to anyone else. Adian was still struggling with uncontrollable shaking and stuttering, so I worked on it with him. Aidan loves to know about my life, so I tell him little details about my friends and whatnot. He is a very kind but frightened soul. I went to check on Christina, who the Doctor's covering for me wanted to clear but I denied the request. I know there's something that pushed her too far, otherwise she wouldn't have been brought to us in such a state. She talked about her past which was closely related to mine. I've already shared as much I feel comfortable with for a patient. I've told her time and time again that she's not alone because I remember feeling like no one else in the world felt the way I did.

On my way to do the manuscripts for those patients before Zeref my phone rang, "Heartfilia," I pronounced sweetly

"Lucy. I know you just got a break, but there's something Laxus just informed me about," On the other line was Mirajane Dreyar. Her husband Laxus is in charge of security for the jail that's holding my father. I stopped in the echoed hallway, my face remained calm and stern,

"I'm listening."

"Jude, your father, escaped last night. We don't know how, but there is a full investigation underway. We did, however, find letters underneath his bed that we addressed to you. They were not kind or forgiving in the slightest, but there were several times where he talked about killing you and finding you. I understand you've moved a considerable distance away?"

"...I-I have." I was awe struck by the news. What was I hearing? Was this fact or fiction? I couldn't breath right. The files I was holding dropped onto the floor slipping out everywhere, the pen the clicked was the only audible noise heard. One of my team members, Terry, was walking down the hallway after giving one of my patients medicine. He saw my curled lip and dropped files. I watched him as I listened to the horror story unfolding in my ear, he quietly picked up the files and arranged them by patient. His black curly hair bounced as he moved,

"Miss Heartfilia?" He whispered. I nodded and gave him a small smile as thanks for helping me. He walked away with a concerned look on his face and paged someone.

"Lucy, we have people around the clock looking for him. Did you want us to send you a guard from the division in Magnolia?"

"No, I can arrange it myself. I happen to be friends with two of them."