Just Sleep

Natsu's POV

The last thing I remember was sleeping on Lucy's back. I know my mom came in, but I don't recall what for. I woke up in my room and shot up from my bed, the events of yesterday filling my head. Everything with Lucy and Wendy dancing around without a care in the world, Lucy meeting my family and watching my mom's face fill with worry at the mention of Lucy's last name, Lucy working tirelessly to save Zeref, Lucy and mom comforting me, and that... that feeling of complete helplessness when I couldn't save Zeref.

 that feeling of complete helplessness when I couldn't save Zeref

After my breathing had sudsided to a slow pace I heard screaming. It sounded like it was coming from Wendy's room. I threw myself out of my door and burst through hers. I saw her curled up in a ball, screaming and heaving over a picture of the three of us. I frowned while watching Wendy in pain. I knelt down beside her and lightly put my hand on her back, "Wendy..."

"BIG BROTHER IS SICK AND WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO SAVE HIM, NATSU!" I picked up her fraile frame and placed her in my lap

"BIG BROTHER IS SICK AND WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO SAVE HIM, NATSU!" I picked up her fraile frame and placed her in my lap. I knew those words were true, but I had to convince her otherwise.

"Wendy, You and I both know that Lucy will stop at nothing to help him heal. There is something we can do- we can have hope that our big brother is strong enough to fight whatever is going on inside his mind. I know Big sis believes the same thing." I held the picture of Zeref, Wendy and I in my hands and gripped it tightly. As much as I wanted to believe my own words, I couldn't. As someone who tries to save everyone theirself I find this very hard. I don't like watching other people suffer, it's not fair.

"Do you really think Lucy~san can do it?" Wendy sniffled as I laughed.

"Of course she can! Lucy has been through more than she has the heart to tell me. I believe in her and Zeref one-hundred percent!" Wendy nodded and hugged me tightly. Suddenly our mom came bursting through the already cracked door.

"Is everything alright?! The maids said they heard screaming!"

"Yes, we're alright now." I nodded and my mom came closer to come hug Wendy who was still latched onto me like a koloa.

After prying Wendy off of me, I went back to my room and stared at my phone. I remember Lucy saying she had to stay until she finished somesort of paperwork. I decided to make sure she was safe. I listened to the phone ring until I heard a tired huffed and rustling of hair, "Heartfilia."