Chewed Out

Lucy's POV

It's been two months since I'd last seen Natsu, or even talked to him. I've been pretty busy with work that I don't really have time for friends and... whatever I was to Natsu. I still think about that kiss, though. It was like nothing I've ever felt before, I mean, I'm so used to men being rough and forceful, but every time Natsu touched me it was soft and gentle and sent a warmth through my body. I don't know what to make of it, to be honest. Trusting men has always been very difficult for me, thanks, dad.

All my patients are doing really well, except for Christina. She won't open up to anyone and it's becoming very bad. So, today I am picking her up from the Ward and we're going to go to her father's house. When I told her that we were going to confront the possible source of her scars, she practically jumped in her chair. I plan on telling her that I went through something very similar, but how I'm going to word it, I have no idea.

I was getting ready to pick Christina up when my phone rang. It was Erza."Hi Erza!"

"Hello, Lucy. Listen, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Have you seen Natsu the past couple days? We can't get into contact with him." She sounded worried. I stayed calm and remembered that her was still my friend,

"Do you know what his job is?"

"No. He's been very secretive about it." So, who else knows?

"I can call him and see if he answers, we haven't talked in a couple months, actually."

"Oh, alright. Oh! The girls and I are going out to a fall festival, would you like to come?"

"Sure! What time and where?"

"We're meeting at Levy and Gajeel's at 7 tonight."

"Ok, I'll be there."

"Lucy?"

"Yeah?"

"What does Natsu do, for a job?"

"He told me not to say anything, I don't want to break his trust, I'm sorry."

"No, no, I respect that. I'll see you later tonight, then."

"Bye Erza!" I hung up the phone and put my coat on.

I made it to the Psych Ward and quickly ran inside and grabbed Christina

I made it to the Psych Ward and quickly ran inside and grabbed Christina. She looked beyond frightened, but I could tell she was trying to be strong. For a while, it was silent in the car until I started telling her a little bit about my childhood. She seemed shocked that "someone like me" could have gone through that. I told her that I was in a mental hospital for a good period of time.

"How come you never really show any skin?" Christina wondered. I was taken back by the question, no matter how innocent it might be.

"Well, the Ward is a professional place and-" She cut me off.