A/N: This is the one-shot I originally published before writing the full story. It's more like a first draft rather than it's own story. So here's the original if you'd like to read it, even though it's unfinished.

For as long as he could remember, Megumi has always loved Gojo.

It all started when Gojo suddenly appeared in Megumi's life. After his parents left, Megumi and his sister were left to fend for themselves, getting by day to day with the small amount of savings their parents left for them until it would inevitably run out. But before that day came, Gojo showed up in their lives. 

Like a hero. He was Megumi's hero. But of course, Megumi wouldn't admit that out loud.

He became their legal guardian when Megumi was about 7 years old. Gojo took care of his parent's debt, let him stay at his mansion, and cared for them, almost like they were a normal family. Or at least that's what it looked like on the outside. That wasn't how Megumi felt however.

Growing up, Gojo would buy Megumi expensive gifts. The newest toys, beautiful clothes, brand name shoes, and whatnot. He would also spoil them with luxurious food and bring them to high end restaurants. 

And he was also very affectionate. Megumi felt like he was almost always touching Gojo in some way, shape, or form. When they were walking, Gojo and Megumi would hold hands, Megumi's little fingers intertwined with Gojo's. Gojo would wrap his arms around Megumi and give him forehead kisses on a day to day basis. When they watched movies, Gojo and Megumi would be cuddled together on a couch, a blanket wrapped around them. And despite Megumi having his own room and his own bed, he would almost always sleep with Gojo and receive a small peck on the lips right before he fell asleep.

He was, quite literally, Megumi's everything. His entire world orbited around Gojo.

Too bad Gojo didn't feel the same.

During the times Megumi didn't sleep with Gojo, he was either out of the house or he brought someone home to have one-night stands. They would always be very attractive, adorning shining jewels and name-brand clothing. Whenever he saw those strangers enter their house, Megumi always felt a pang of jealousy. 

At times, Megumi wouldn't be able to sleep knowing the place he normally slept every night, cuddled next to Gojo, was occupied by a stranger. He would cover his ears and hold on to Tsumiki tightly to try and drown out the noise coming from Gojo's bedroom.

Megumi would think to himself, 'Gojo, why did you choose them over me?' As Tsumiki rubbed his back soothingly in an attempt to make him sleep.

After a while, Megumi learned to close his heart. He would brush Gojo's arm aside whenever Gojo tried to put his arm around him. He would pull his hand away when Gojo tried to hold hands. They stopped sleeping together in the same bed, and eventually those forehead kisses and goodnight kisses were a thing of the past.

⤜--- Unfinished ---⤛