[ XVIII ]

I was walking down the hallway, feeling simultaneously good and terrible at the same time. Terrible because of the sex I had last night. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was bad. Last night it was bad, even though the guy was attractive. But I did feel good because I didn't have a coughing fit.

As I walked by a few people, I heard them whisper loudly, "That's Megumi right? Isn't he the guy who slept with Haru?"

"Yeah," the other person responded. "He also slept with Kai! And Hiro!"

"No way!" One of them said. "It's like he's willing to sleep with anyone. Like a slut."

I just kept walking. I actually didn't mind hearing them gossiping about me. And I didn't care about the rumors, because they were true. For the past month I've been sleeping with a bunch of people, either students, or sometimes random adults I met after school. Maybe I should've been more concerned about sleeping with this many people, but I always used protection so I'm sure it'll be fine.

I remember talking about it to Tsumiki one night. I told her that I had found a temporary cure by sleeping with people. She disapproved and tried to get me not to do it, and to find another method, but I told her if she didn't have any better ideas, I would continue. And of course, she didn't. So I continued. 

As I turned the corner I accidentally bumped into someone who was carrying a stack of papers. The papers fell all over the floor, so I crouched down to help pick them up. "Sorry," I told him. "I didn't see you there."

"No, it's alright, I didn't see you there either." While we were picking up papers, me and the guy looked up at the same time, looking straight into each other's eyes. He had pink hair, styled into an undercut, and he had brown eyes. He was really friendly looking.

"Oh, uh, you're Megumi right?" The guy got weirdly flustered from looking at me, and his cheeks turned pink. "I hear you're Tsumiki's younger brother. We're in a club together."

"Hmm, so that's how you know me," I said skeptically. "Are you sure you don't know about me because of the rumors that have been floating around?" I asked him.

"The rumors?" He turned his head to the side in confusion.

"Yeah," I nodded, getting up after picking up the last of the papers. "That I ditched school on the first day to sleep with a guy, and that I'm a slut who's willing to sleep with anyone. And I've also got a bunch of sexual diseases."

The guy looked shocked. "No, I haven't heard about that! But that's horrible. How could people spread a bunch of lies around like that!"

I shrugged. "Well it's not a lie. Because the rumors are true. Except for the sexual diseases part, I'm careful so I don't have any." I had a different type of disease. 

"O-oh," he said, surprised that I admitted to it. "Well, uh, I guess," he scratched his head. I could tell he was unsure of what to say next. I didn't blame him, what do you even say after someone admits all of that.

"It's fine, you don't have to say anything." I took half of the papers from him and helped him carry it to the teacher's lounge. As we were walking, I saw him get more shy, and the blush on his face deepened a little. He's probably attracted to me. But I didn't think much of it. 

A lot of people were attracted to me. I might even end up sleeping with this pink haired boy in the future. But I didn't think much of it. In the end, if it didn't cure my Hanahaki disease, it wouldn't mean much.

I entered the front door of the house. I still had a few hours before meeting this guy I arranged to hang out with, so I went to my room so I could put my school bag there. 

What should I do to kill time? Maybe I could go back the library and read book, I thought. I exited the room and headed back down the stairs. As I was about to leave again, I heard someone call out, "Megumi, where are you going?"

It was Gojo. He was sitting on the couch, looking right at me. I didn't even realize he was there. Ever since we got into that fight where he ended up paying for my taxi, we haven't talked to each other. I avoided him like the plague, and I just kept doing whatever I wanted. And in turn, he probably just did whatever he wanted as well.

"Out," I said in a one word answer. I reached for the door knob, but then I heard him say, "You can't."

I turned towards him, "Why not?" I asked.

He got up and walked towards me. I got slightly intimidated, especially since he towered above me when he rose to his full height. I tried my best not to smell his cologne, since it would only trigger my coughing fits. 

"I heard from your teacher's about what's been going on at school, and about some rumors going around. You ditched class, and apparently you've been sleeping with guys every night?" He said those words with disgust. 

I didn't meet his gaze. "I only ditched class one time. I've been attending school properly since then, and other than that day I have perfect attendance. Besides, I've got near perfect grades in all of my classes just like in middle school, so does it really matter what I do after school?" I argued. 

I basically learned all the high school material back in middle school on my own time, plus I was naturally intellectually gifted, so I was able to keep my grades up despite always being busy after school.

But Gojo stayed unamused. "So it's true? That's what you've been doing everyday after school? Even though you told me you were just hanging out with friends or going to the library, you've actually been sleeping with guys every night?"

I shrugged, trying to play it off. "Who cares? You do the same thing. Plus it's not every night, it's just some nights." That much was true, I mostly slept with people when I couldn't manage my coughing fits and they got especially bad.

Gojo held me by the shoulders. I tried brushing his arms off, but he continued holding me. "Why do you always use that argument Megumi? Just because I do it, doesn't mean that you should be doing the same thing! Is it really true? That you've been sleeping around?" He looked at me in disbelief.

I looked away from him, but he cupped my face and forced me to look at him. "I don't know," I mumbled, not being able to admit to anything while staring at his sky blue eyes.

"Tell me the truth, Megumi." He commanded me, and my brave front crumbled. 

"Yeah!" I shouted, closing my eyes shut. "Yeah I've been sleeping with people!" I pushed his hands away from me. "I lost my virginity the first night of school, and ever since then I've been sleeping with people! There, I admit it!" I said.

Gojo looked at me with an expression of disbelief and something else that I couldn't quite read. I was getting better at reading people, but I still couldn't read Gojo. 

"M-Megumi, but why-" he started, but I pushed past him to run up the stairs, enter my room, and slam the door behind me.