[ XVI ]

I was walking through the hallways of my high school, trying to navigate my way around, although it wasn't hard since I've been here before because of Tsumiki. I managed to get to my classroom without any issue, and I sat down at a random desk.

As I was putting my school bag down, I felt like I saw some guy wink at me. I didn't pay it any mind though. I was more worried about trying to hide my coughing fits at school. They usually happened at night thankfully, but they occasionally happened during the day, and so I had to be careful. 

As I was taking my notebook out, a guy sat on top of my desk. "Hey, you look pretty cute," he said in a weird attempt at flirting. "How about we ditch this place and hang out?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's the first day of school and class is going to start soon. No way," I refused him. I looked at my watch. Class was actually going to start in 1 hour. Darn, why did I come here so early?

But he didn't back down. "Exactly. It's the first day of school, so nothing important is going to happen today. And class hasn't started yet, so we can still get out of here," he gestured to the door. 

"No," I refused again.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" He insisted. "I've got condoms. And I'll treat you out for something nice. I'll show you a good time. Come on Megumi."

I looked at him, surprised that he called me by my first name. "How do you know my name?" I asked him.

"I asked around. Your sister goes here too." Then he leaned in a little closer. "You know, ever since I saw you I couldn't take my eyes off of you." He flirted.

Insanely enough, I felt complimented. I wonder why, I mean I usually got complimented, especially over my looks, and this time was nothing special. But I decided to take it, just for the heck of it. "Thanks, I guess. You're not bad looking as well." It was true, he was on the rather good looking side. Even though I could tell he was a player.

"So what do you say?" He asked me. "Let's get out of here and make your first day of school memorable."

And then in another insane decision, I got up, took my bag, and started following him. He smirked and high fived one of the guys nearby. 

We walked out of the classroom, some people looking at me, and some even whistling while I walked by like the dogs they were, but I didn't mind since I was getting out of here. Why am I doing this? I asked myself.

But there was a reason. Maybe it was the rebelliousness in me that wanted to do something bad for once. Maybe it was because I was already bored of school. Or maybe it was to forget.

No, it was most definitely to forget. It was probably going to be a stupid, futile attempt, but I didn't care. The adrenaline rush soothed my urge to cough anything up, and that's what matters. Maybe for at least one day, I could forget about my love for Gojo.

He grabbed my hand and we ran out of the school, to who knows where.

We hopped onto the bus, and he paid for my ride. As we sat down on the seat beside each other I just realized. I didn't even know his name. I was really ditching class and running away to hang out with a guy who I didn't know the name of.

So I asked him, "So we're hanging out together, and I don't even know your name, so what is it? And I'm guessing you're in my class?"

He smiled at me. "I'm Taiki. Suzuki Taiki. And no, I'm not in your class. I'm actually a senior, and I'm going to graduate this year. I just came to your class so I could check you out." He revealed.