21

...

"Enmu..? Is everything okay..?" I asked as I wiped away my tears that were about to trickle out of my eyes.

...

"Why is it that you brought this boy up. What's your sudden obsession with him out of nowhere. Did you have certain feelings for him.?" He asked in a cold tone.

"Enmu...-"

"Alright then." 

"Enmu how could you.-"

"You had something to hide. Now you're not pleased with what you're going through. You do realise that now things could be a little different.?"

"Enmu you misunderstood-" 

"Shush. I misunderstood nothing. It's too late to change events, you've delivered the evidence." 

He sounded just like master Kibutsuji... What is up with him today...

"Enmu seriously what the fuck, I haven't talked to him in ages!" I exclaimed as warm salty tears continuously flowed out my eyes, and the silence was constantly broken by the sounds of clear drops crashing into my clothes.

"Hide what you need to hide." 

...

"Listen, he was just my friend before, I only love you, its just I remembered him because this is the place where we first met. I didn't see him for a very long time, we were friends in our distant childhood. Why is it that you're so jealous anyway.?"

...

"... Go to your Muichiro, you say he lives here."

...

"Enmu..."

He got off the fence and dissolved in the depths of the forest as he headed back up to my house. What just happened. Rivers of tears streamed out of my eyes, making my clothing fully drenched with hot salty liquid. I carefully climbed off the fence and decided to take a huge risk. I headed towards Muichiro's house.

He didn't live too far away, I still remember the path to his small estate and what his house looked like. I walked by the field and watched the trees nearby as the branches gently dangled above me. 

Oh.

This place barely changed...

I took a step on his wooden porch and faced that same shoji door that was never properly closed. He always forgot to do so and it was slightly slid open as usual. I saw someone's figure laying peacefully in the middle of the room and flinched in realisation as I quietly reached out to fully open the entrance to his house. He laid on the exact same futon in the middle of the space and was plunged into his dreams. 

But then he shuffled, and became extremely quiet.

Not even his breath was heard.

 I darted out of his house with the speed of sound and stood frozen on the path, facing the forest in front of me.

"Please don't wake up, please don't wake up, please d...-" I thought to myself as my eyes shut.

... 

"H-huh..." 

"Who are you..? And... what are you doing in my house this early in the morning..?" He sleepily asked I steadily turned around and revealed myself to the one and only boy with mesmerising mint green eyes and long black hair with light-minty tips.

...

His eyes looked the same the last time I saw him...

...

They were empty.

...

"Muichiro..." 

"..."

"It's me..."

I instantly ran inside his house and knocked him down to the floor, tightly hugging him as I stained his yukata with my tears. He placed his hands around my back and mutely gasped as I nuzzled into his collar bone, sniffling quietly.

"... Haven't seen each other for a while.."

...

"Yes, it really has been a long time, I never thought that I would see you again..." He quietly replied.

"Me too..."

...

"Where's Yuichiro...?"

...

"He's dead."

"I... I... apologise... I didn't mean to...-"

"It's okay. Don't worry." He said as we both broke off the hug and looked in to each other's eyes.

"What happened to you..." He asked as he noticed the kanji of "Lower One" etched into my iris. 

Fuck I totally forgot that I'm a demon for a second. And he's also one of the Hashiras..?

"Don't tell me you're..." He widened his beautiful eyes and looked rather confused as he couldn't even finish his sentence.

All I did was nod.

"I'm so sorry..." I sobbed into his shoulder as he pat my head.

"I'm sorry that I left you... If I hadn't become a demon, I would not have disappeared..." 

...

"It's okay, I understand..." He comforted me as he hugged me gently.

...

"Muichiro, I promise I'll see you again, but I have to go now..." 

...

"Okay."

...

"I will always remember you..." He whispered as I quickly left a tiny kiss on his cold cheek and a warm pink blush spread across his face.

...

"Bye...~ I promise I'll be back soon..." I told him as I got up and started to leave the house.

"Goodbye..." 

...

I closed the door and headed up to the mountain, trying my best to hold in my tears, but they started pouring out halfway through my way to my house, and I returned home with a mental breakdown.