August

First off, can y'all see the video?

Ok so I've been listening to my comfort artist (Taylor Swift) a lot recently and specifically the story of Betty, James, and August. So I'm writing into a story with Haikyuu characters, enjoy!

August- Akaashi
Betty- Suna
James-Osamu

3 months prior

The night sky was littered with small specs of glowing light. The beach smelled like salt as the light breeze pushed the smell to the two 17 year old boys sitting on a striped cotton towel.

Salt air

Akaashi was at peace, he didn't mind that it was slightly chilly sitting by the water, he didn't mind the small patch of rust on Osamu's 11 year old truck.

And the rust on your door

He never needed anything more.

I never needed anything more

Akaashi had constantly been whispering to Osamu if he was absolutely sure about this.

Whispers of are you sure

Osamu would always just reply with, "Never have I ever before." sure it was vague and not exactly what Akaashi wanted to hear, but somehow it made him smile.

"Never have I ever before"

Present

Akaashi was lying on his cold unsettling bed, no matter how hard he tried he could always still see the two of them sitting on that beach.

But I can see us lost in the memory

He had to learn to accept that August slipped away into a moment in time.

August slipped away into a moment in time

"Cause it was never mine." He would whisper to himself.

Cause it was never mine

He can still see the two of them twisted in Osamu's warm and cozy bed sheets.

But I can see us twisted in bed sheets

But it all slipped away.

August slipped away

Like a bottle of wine.

"Cause you never mine." Akaashi sighed in the dimly lit room.

Cause you were never mine

3 months prior

Akaashi and Osamu were walking around in the middle of nowhere, they were both silent as Akaashi admired how Osamu's back looked beneath the sun.

Your back, beneath the sun

Wishing he could write his name on it.

Wishing I could write my name on it

"Hey Osamu?" Akaashi spoke up, transitioning them to a brief conversation instead of silence.

"What's up?" Osamu asked, looking at Akaashi in a kind and gentle way that made Akaashi forget all the troubles and doubts he had.

"Will you call when you're back at school?"

Will you call when you're back at school?

Present

"I remember thinking I had you!" Akaashi screamed to himself in his bathroom mirror.

I remember thinking I had you