Chapter 21

"What the hell does she think she's doing here?" I ask. Gregory slipped my bra and shirt back on, then grabbed my phone for me.

I called Dylan, and he answered quick.

"Hello?"

"Dylan, mom's here."

"Don't you dare say a word to her, Hazel. If you do I swear I'll never forgive you. I'll be there in five." He said seriously. "Okay, bye." I say softly. The line went dead.

"Dylan?! I'm home!" She yelled. "What do we do?" I ask. "I don't know"

I wrap my arms around him, "I don't even want to look at her. But I have so many questions." I whisper. "You don't have to do anything. I'm here, I'll protect you." Gregory smiled. I heard her footsteps of her, getting louder by the second.

I'm getting an anxiety attack, and all I want to do now is scream at the top of my lungs in a dark hole where no one can hear me. Don't cry.

The door knob turned. I felt Gregory tense, as the door opened. Something rushed through me. Anger? Depression?

"Oh Hazel I-" I snapped in an instant.

"Get out of here! What the fuck are you thinking you'll gain by coming back?! That were going to forgive you?! You've ruined this family! You ruined everything! Dylan has had to work nonstop just for food! That's not his problem.

For once be a responsible adult! For once do something good for us!" I scream, tears pouring quickly for no reason.

She stayed quiet. She looked skinnier than she did before. More pale. I didn't care.

Cassandra sunk to the floor, and wept. "Gregory you should go" I say.

He jumped, as if he was scared of me. He didn't bother to argue, and just kissed me goodbye.

I went downstairs, leaving her to cry on the floor. In a few minutes, Dylan came back. I was staring blankly at the curtains, and sitting right where my father committed suicide. "Hazel!" Dylan ran to give me a hug. "Don't. I talked to her... well I yelled at her... I yelled as loud as I could." I shake my head.

"Dylan... Dylan I'm sorry." Cassandra whispered, walking down the stairs.

Dylan looked at me unsure, "Atleast you got your anger out."

"Not completely."

"I have money... I have money to give you both." She coughed. Dylan sighed and help me off the ground. "Listen to me cause I'm only saying it once, Cassandra. Leave the money out the counter. All of it.
You're leaving. And you're not coming back to this house." He said through gritted teeth.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" He boomed, making her jump. I hugged him, and he held my hand firmly.

She nodded slowly; "T-the money is in... the car. I'll g-go get it."

"You have 5 minutes." Dylan said. Cassandra walked shakily outside, emotionless tears running down her skinny cheeks.

"I hate her" Dylan grunted, after she exited the house. "I do too... but you shouldn't yell that hard at her like that." I whisper. "I'm sorry. I know you hate yelling. But she pissed me off. I'll try to keep my tone down." He managed to give me a small smile. He was actually a really good brother. And he cared about me.

"Thanks." I smile back.
Suddenly a large figure comes in with my mom. It's the guy she's probably been with this whole time. She has the nerve to bring that bastard here?!
"What the fuck is he doing here?" Dylan asked. "I thought... if you two met him... maybe we could stay-"
Dylan didn't hold back, he couldn't. I knew he wanted to hurt the guy. I didn't stop him. He pushed me back, making me stumble. But I knew he didn't mean it.

He swung his fight right into the large man's face. All that echoed was a large cracking sound. Maybe it was Dylan's knuckles....
"Steve!" My mom cried. Dylan kicked um- Steve hard. From his face, to his chest, to his waist, to his legs. My mom was screaming for him to stop. Everything was happening so fast, and I got this rush. That's when everything got fuzzy, the  black. Then I fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahh oh my gosh you guys!!!
I got to 1,000 reads! And it's all thanks to all of you beautiful, amazing people!
My goal now is 5K. But I think this won't happen.
Anyways, thanks again ♡
Hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter!!
~Bambi❤