Chapter 16

Sunday afternoon.

Gregory and I spent Saturday miles away from our houses, and out on the beach.

We came back around 4 in the morning, this time to my house, and cuddled up in my mom's bed till we fell asleep. Everything seemed like a fairy tale.

I got comfortable with him, and was way more open. He was becoming Jonas.

We were watching randon movies, eating like pigs. Well mostly me.

"You gotta slow down" Gregory laughed, as he saw how I was violently grabbing my popcorn. "Shut up." I giggle, then snuggle up closer to him. He... he meant a lot to me now. He did before, but now I just- never wanted him to leave.

"Haze?" He asked, taking my hand out of the bowl. "Hm?" "You gotta save me some." He said as I stared into his eyes, making a puppy dog face. "Do I have too?"

"Don't be like that." Gregory sneaked in a kiss. "You hate me then." "Dont say that, I'm just hungry." He laughed. "Fine." I roll my eyes playfully. "Thank you." Gregory said sweetly.

Just then my phone rang, 'Jonah' popped up in the caller ID. I looked over at Gregory, who's (perfect) jaw suddenly clenched. He relaxed slowly, and then gently took the phone out of my hand. He placed it back where it was, then wrapped my arm around his neck.

"You don't need him anymore." He whispered, leaning in. I looked at him, with a blank expression. "You never did. It was only meant to be you and I. Please don't answer him." He begged in a soft voice. "But Gregory-" "Baby... I love you. He's going to take me away from you. And you're mine." He pressed his lips onto mine.

I blushed by the way he said 'baby'. It sounded perfect.

I nod, then hold onto his lips for a bit.

"Thank you." He let out a relieved sigh when my phone stopped ringing, "You're so perfect."

"You're welcome." I giggle, playing with his curls, "You wanna know something?" "Tell me." Gregory smiled beautifully.

"I kinda want to braid your hair." I admit. "And how do you plan on doing that when I have short hair?" He cupped my cheek, stealing a kiss. "Like little cute baby braids" I grin. "That's embarrassing." Gregory laughed. "It's going to look so adorable-"

My phone rang again. I was desperate. I looked at Gregory with pleading eyes. "I see he's more important." Gregory rolled his eyes. "Don't say that! Please just let me see what he wants." I say.

Gregory shrugs and looks away. I grab my phone, answering quick. I stayed quiet, all you could hear was crying. "J-Jonas?" "Hazel- Hazel I cut- really bad. Hazel please help me!" He said shakily. "What do you mean cut bad?!" "I cut myself, Hazel!" He yelled loudly. "Please help me!"

I shakily hang up, then rapidly put my shoes on. "Gregory please give me a ride!" I say, tears forming. "Why?" "Jonas is bleeding really bad, please!" I cry. "Oh shit- hurry then" He mumbled, rushing out with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jonas!" I yelled, which echoed through the empty house. Most of the things were packed, stacked in stupid boxes.

"Haze!" He cried, from upstairs. Gregory and I ran up the steps, and into the white bathroom which was now stained with red. "Oh my gosh, Jonas!" I yelled. He was covering his wrist with his sweater, which was already drenched in blood. "Gregory go get paper towels!" I say.

"Why didn't you call an ambulance?!" "Hazel it's not that serious." He groaned. "Apparently it is!" I yelp. "Hazel I just needed some help!"

"Where do you keep the bandages and stuff?!"
Good description, Haze.