Chapter 7

Friday after school. Jonah got picked up early... which was a living hell for me because I had to hang out with the annoying nerdy boys at lunch. They were like backup.

Gregory hated me now... I think. But I didn't really mind. I mean- what was I even thinking? That someone as popular as him could ever love a girl like me? Please.

That only happens in the movies... and occasionally books.

Plus... did I even have a crush on him in the first place?

When I walked home afterschool, I arrived at my shitty house, where sometimes if it's quiet enough, you can still hear the trigger being pulled by my Dad... and the screams of my mother.

To my surprise, Gregory was standing right there. Rose in his hand. Rose... in his hand. We haven't talked for 4 days since my outburst. But then again we haven't even looked at each other for years. Now it was... different.

"Gregory what are you doing here?!" I asked in a harsh whisper, afraid my Mom would catch us. It's not like she would care exactly, but she would bother me constantly about it. Funny how it works actually.

"Is now not a good time?" He asked, grabbing my binder. "I've got plently of time. But here is not a good place, Gregory." I state. I couldn't believe I've gotten this confident. Maybe not with everyone but I didn't fear Gregory as much anymore.

"Fine. But you come with me." He smiled. He left my binder on the steps to my house, and held my hand all the way to a park nearby. I didn't know what to say. I was silent once again, but only because I had mixed feelings.

5 minutes passed before we stopped at a red painted cement table placed in the chilly park. Jonah would've warmed me up...

"Are you mad at me, Hazel?" Gregory asked.

"Depends. Why should I be mad?" I ask. He thought for a moment, and so did I. I wasn't mad. I'm just a little tired of it. Okay.... very tired of people like him.

"I'm really sorry Hazel. For everything. You have every right to be mad at me. Actually I've done the same mistake..." Gregory trailed off.

•••

"See... I have a huge crush on this girl." I say, pretending it wasn't Hazel. "But I was young... and so retarded that I thought whatever my friends said I had to do. They told me to stay away from her. But let me tell you something Hazel" I pause to look straight into her beautiful eyes.

"There isn't a day that hasn't gone by that I don't remember her beautiful laugh, her kindness, her awkwardness that is extremely adorable. I missed out on all that." I blush at the thought of her and I finally walking down the halls together. Kissing... hugging... telling each other things no one else knew.

Hazel just looked at me with her precious innocent face, trying to figure it all out. "And it's my job to make her mine. Because I'm never leaving that girl again. I don't care what anyone says anymore."

•••••••••••••••••••••

So this was a short chapter... I think. But it was kinda just to shift the story into a different direction (:
I ship my own creation honestly.
Please feel free to leave a like, comment, or tell your sexy friends about this story..Or don't. It's cool anyways (x
~Bambi❤