Chapter 8

His words that Friday afternoon never left my mind.

'And it's my job to make her mine. Because I'm never leaving that girl again. I don't care what anyone says anymore.'

Deep down... I wanted that girl to be... me. But why? He's going to leave again... when he wasn't even there in the first place.

"Hazel, eat." Mom ordered. "I'm not hungry." I shake my head. How could I be? Those goddamn words are the only thing I'm feeding on. "I'll take it." Dylan so kindly volunteers.

"All yours." I mutter, then get up.

"Hazel- sit down. Now." Mom said angrily. "What's your problem?" I ask without thinking.

Then she bursts just like me.

"My problem, Hazel? My problem is I want to have a family dinner. I want to be with my kids. But no... there's always someone missing. It's either you or Dylan. But now both of you are here. So now you both are going to eat! Understand?!"

I just stare at her, and her tear filled eyes.

"Yeah right. You don't even have a family in the first place! Dylan isn't even home half of the time cause he's out having the time of his life with his friends! And- and I always stay with Jonah until midnight. If you weren't the cause of Dad's suicide maybe we could be together!"

"I was not the cause of his suicide!" My mother yelled. "Don't you remember his last words?!" I asked. "Hazel we were both like- four." Dylan shrugged.

We were twins... but total opposites.

"Oh shut up! You couldn't give any less of a shit!" I snap. This wasn't me... the real me would've kept it to myself- and only imagine this kind of scenario. Or maybe this was the real me. Violent? Or just outspoken...?

"I'm out." Dylan slid his chair back. He got up and the chair fell right to the floor as he stormed out quicker than the speed of light. He never liked the whole talk about Dad...

The door slammed.

My mom let out a desperate cry, and tossed her glass cup of water straight to the floor. "You're a mistake Hazel Winston! A big fucking mistake!"

And that's the story on how I shattered into a billion trillion pieces.

••••••••••••••••••••

So...
How are you liking her mum...?
My emotions were all over the place in this small chapter. And I'm not even mad at my actual mum... or mad at all for that matter !

Btw I call my mom, mum. Just cause "mom" sounds weird to me now ✌
Next chapter won't be so... weird. I think. Hope you liked it anyways and thank you so so much for voting and commenting and being you!
~Bambi❤