Chapter 28

I walked into the principal's office, half nervous.

Please don't embarrass yourself, Haze. Or else I'll make you launch yourself down these stairs.

Thankfully, I looked kind of nice today with my black vest and skinny jeans.

My footsteps echoed. The office was really big, I don't know why. It's one guy behind a desk.

I knocked on the closed wooden door, which kinda stung my knuckles... yeah I'm weak.

"Come in, Hazel." The principal, Mr. Shanning- stated with his strict voice. I turned the doorknob, and took a deep breath before entering to steady myself and my noodle legs.

I closed the door, then faced up slowly. "Hello there, Hazel." The 'new' guy said in a very smooth voice, and a laugh.

Did he know my name because Mr. Shanning... or did he know... me? He seemed familiar...

"Do you know her, Trevor?"

Trevor?

"A little bit." He said, then winked at me. Okay what the shit is happening?! "Well, even better. Hazel show him around, take your time. I don't want you to faint again." Mr. Shanning said, making Trevor smirk. I'm starting to hate you...

"Okay..." I say in the softest voice. Nice one- not. "Don't you rush her either, Trevor. I can sense you'll cause plenty of trouble here." Mr. Shanning scoffed. Trevor laughed evily, "Well... we'll see."

And just like that, Mr. Shanning pushed us out the door. No instructions, just trusting me to handle the large teenager. "You haven't really grown now, have you, Hazel?" Trevor asked as we started to walk. "Uh- guess not." I laugh, which sounded like a boy going through puberty... a very strong puberty. But on top of that, he's also talking to a girl... which makes him sound like a dolphin. And that's how I sounded.

Mental slap.

"Aww... I thought you wouldn't be a shy girl anymore." Trevor pouted playfully. "Just give me some time... maybe I'll open up." I say softly. "Fine." He sighed, as we walked down the hall. "Do you honestly need me to show you around?" I ask, sounding like a total Veronica. "No... but I'd love if I could talk to you." He cheekily grinned, "Catch up."

"Where do you know me from?" I ask, "And I'd rather sit. I'm sorry, I get light-headed pretty easily now." I say softly.

"Oh shit, of course." He said with so much care, "Y-you're not going to faint are you?" Now with a lot of fear. "No, no!" I giggle, "I just can't do much at the moment" "Need help?" Trevor asked, raising his black eyebrows, resembling a lost puppy. "I'm okay. Thank you." I blush, putting my face down.

We made our way to the lunch tables. He sat down in front of me, and placed his large hands on the table, smiling at me. I smile back awkwardly, trying to look decent. "Elementary school. I still remember you, because one time, you and I both got lost together at the field trip to the zoo."

Ohhhhhh...

"Oh yeah!" I giggle. It was the first time I've ever gotten lost. "I held your hand like a dumbass." I say, laughing. "Why did you?" He asked, grin still plastered on his face. "I had never gotten lost before. I was about ready to pee my pants. I didn't want to lose you either, because then I would have no one." I relax my face, and blush again. "Aw."

"But then I got over it once you told me we could do whatever we wanted now" My eyes light up. "You liked the rush." Trevor smirked. "I did, honestly." I nod, with a small laugh.

"So you do remember me too?" Trevor wiggled his eyebrows. I roll my eyes playfully, "Yes of course I do... now."

"Good! Now down to the most important question- are you single?" Trevor asked seriously. "Nope." I smile. "Fuck." He muttered, then laughed. "You were actually interested?" I asked, surprised. "Yeah, why?" He asked, very confused. Do you not see me...