Chapter 2

My heart pounded fast.

She actually looked at the note. She felt it. But shoved it in the pocket of her jeans. Was she just gonna throw it away? She couldn't. She isn't like other girls. I'm sure she'll get curious! I know she will.

God I loved Hazel Winston. I've loved her since middle school. When we were partnered up for a science project, I met the real her. Not the shy person she appears to be. Hazel is so kind, funny, caring. Her beautiful soft skin, that cute giggle she does when she's nervous. I fell in love with that Hazel.

But now she won't even look at me. She thinks I'm the stereotypical popular jock. Total player, always at parties- things like that. But I'm really not like that. At all. All I do is write stupid gay songs, play football, and hang out with friends which I have many of. That's probably the reason she ignores me.

Hazel likes small crowds. I personally think that's super adorable.

"Gregory you look cute today" This girl named Felicity, who wore way too much makeup and exposed too much cleavage winked. These are the people who drive Hazel away from me.

"Thanks..." I say softly, giving a smile. "You did great on the field yesterday." Oh great a conversation.

"Think so?" "Of course! The cutest guy on the team always plays the best" She purrs, extending her boney arm to run down mine. I half smile, trying to take her hand off. "Wow babe- you're so strong" Felicity gasped. Just as I was about to reply, I was saved by the bell. The chairs clashed with the desks forcefully and the floor shook of how hard everyone was fleeing.

"Bye Greg" Felicity winks before getting her things and running stupidly outside.

Hazel and I were the only two inside. I could already imagine us. Hazel's small pink lips on mine, kissing me softly as I pull her in closer.

Shaking my head, I catch her as she got up slowly, and my note quickly flew out. Hazel didn't notice, and started making her way out the door.

So stupidly, I picked it up and ran quickly to her. "Hazel wait" I say, making her fragile body jump. She turns quickly and stares at me with those beautiful brown eyes. "You dropped something." I act confused.

"Oh..." She whispered, biting her lip. "Looks important" I smile. She smiled weakly as I handed it to her. "Thanks." Hazel nods.

"Uh- by any chance..." Oh shit please don't ask! "Do you remember me... from seventh grade?" I asked, trying so hard to not ask her. But curiosity was killing me.

"Yeah- we did the um- science project." She lets out a small laugh. "Right!" I say- sounding way too excited. "Yup." Hazel rocks back and fourth. "It was nice catching up... at least just a little bit." I say awkwardly. Suddenly her best friend Jonas covers her eyes, "Don't make a sound or I'll kill you"

"Oh shut up Jonah!" Hazel giggled, uncovering herself. God her smile was perfect. "Sorry if I'm interrupting anything." Jonas looks up at me.

"No- I was just about to leave" I lie. "I'll see you around I guess." Hazel tells me, before jumping onto Jonas. They start laughing happily as Jonas runs with her down the hall. That'll be me someday.

I couldn't stop thinking about that note that I didn't even tell Jonah about! I was too scared to know what was written, glued inside. It didn't feel like anything was glued in. But maybe its really thin...

When I got home I ran upstairs, not caring about anything but the letter.

I locked the silver doorknob, and jumped onto my bed. Taking out the note, I stare at it for a long while. What if its a death threat? I mean... I haven't done anything. But maybe that's why.

After a long discussion with myself, I finally unfold the four folds.

'Hazel Winston... I know you don't care a bit about me. In fact, you probably wouldn't notice if I was gone. And it's my fault, because if I really loved you- I would've still talked to you, and not forget you. Try my best to get to know you even more. Which by the way I did... a long while ago. But you probably don't even remember. Anyways what I'm trying to say is- Hazel I like you... a lot. I don't show it and that's my mistake. But I really like you Hazel. I really do.'

And then it just stops. No name, just perfect handwriting... and total lies. No one has a crush on me. Who could? I basically only have like 3 real friends and maybe talk to a few others... but who the hell would like me?

The only person that came into my mind is Jonah, but dating him would be pretty gross. Jonas is anything but a gentleman. But I liked that. But he's basically my unrelated brother so... ew.

It couldn't be him anyways. He calls me a ugly shrub.

But who else... All my friends are geeks who can't even look at a girl for two seconds. I seem to be a guy to them...

I place the weird note (which I convinced was just a small prank that gets me hoping its true), under my cold pillow. Just a prank Haze...

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yay new chapter!

Wattpad must really hate me because it deleted this chapter like freakin 5 times so now it sucks balls!!!

But hope you enjoyed! Thanks for all the support and stay fabulous!!! 

~Bambi ♥
(P.s. If you didn't already know... Gregory's POV is in bold letters just like the authors note)