Chapter 20

I kept my distance from him. 

Every kiss he tried to give me, I pretend to drop something.

Every time he would wrap his arms around me, I would move and say that I needed to do something.

I did it for about 3 days, until he was walking me home after school on Friday.

"So... I guess we are definitely not going to that party?" Gregory laughed. I smile, "You can go. I'm not feeling well."

"I'm not going without you." Gregory said. "Maybe it's better without me." I shrug. "Don't say that." Gregory stated. "Plus, she hates me. Maybe she'll even drug me." I say.

"She might try to make a move on me. I'd much rather spend it with you in my bed, watching movies till five in the morning." Gregory smiled, since it had become a habit of ours.

"Or... you could spend it with your family?" I suggest.

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"You guys should spend more time together" I shrug. "Is that why you're avoiding me?"

"If I was avoiding you, I wouldn't be walking with you." I say.

"You won't let me kiss you anymore. It was frustrating enough that I can't even have sex with you." Gregory laughed. "Why is sex the most like- important thing?" I giggle. "Cause I get to see all of you." He smiled. "Mmm..." "Not to mention you'll be having the time of your life."

"With two inches? Yipee." I say sarcastically. That was a good one actually...

I laugh loudly, and Gregory couldn't hold in his laugh. "Take it back, bitch!"

"No!" I say, running away from. Thanks to my long athletic legs, I ran pretty fast. Gregory catches up, but still couldn't get close enough to grab me in a not-so lovable way.

We ended up tossing ourselves on the grass on a nearby park, laughing and breathing heavily.

"I love you- but my dick isn't that small" Gregory laughed. "Three inches?" I ask, jokingly. "Only one way to find out" He winked.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, then lay on my back.

"Do you just not love me anymore?" Gregory asked softly.

"No no no, of course I love you!" I whine, then snuggled up into his arms. "Then why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?"

"No! I just... I want you to spend time with your parents." I admit.

"... why on earth would I do that?"

"Because I'm tearing you guys up. I saw the way your mom yelled at you. I felt terrible. It was all my fault." I say sadly. Gregory grew a warm smile, and laughed a bit.

"You think we don't fight, ever? Haze, there's not a single day passing by that we haven't argued about things. My dad won't shut up about school even though I'm doing just fine, my mom always has to lecture me about whatever the hell she has on her mind. Then they fight about money problems I guess like any other family."

"Oh..." I say softly. We don't argue about money... the life insurance we had gave us quite a lot of money. I never used any of it. It was as if  I was abusing my dad's death for a stupid outfit. I made my own money somehow.

And no not by drugs, obviously.... or prostitution.

"None of this is your fault, Hazel. Don't say that" Gregory held me tight, "You know, you're the one who's kept me from fighting them. Since I spend my days with you, I don't see them a lot. So... actually, you're helping me."