chapter 21

Aj paved the way for Afrah shielding her from the mobs who were taking pictures. Nasreen's security agents fired shots in the air that made the mobs leave.
Nasreen embraced her in a warm hug, rubbing her back soothingly. "It is alright Afs, they are gone."Aj gave her his handkerchief and she wiped her eyes.
"Khalil is no more and they still won't let me rest, I don't know what they want from me again, I hate my life right now."

*******
Nasreen was on her timeline on Instagram when she saw Afrah on the headline. She tried to hide it from her, but Afrah discerned and collected the phone from Nasreen. She was left utterly speechless when she read comments from the video of her and Aj in the polo race.

She is a whore,
She is an ungrateful woman,
She never loved him, he is not more than two years and she is dating someone again.
She only married him for fame
She caused the accident.
Afrah was not happy about the comments, she felt devastated and helpless, but she had vowed never to bother about what people's opinion she knew they would talk one way or the other. But it hurt her to her core.

******
"Uncle Aj, how are things with you and Afrah?"
"We are good Nas."
"Good is not enough, when are you going to start shooting your shot?"
"Me, what shot?" Aj said with a puzzled glance.
"C'mon uncle Aj I know you have feelings for her."
"You do?" Aj let out a soft peal of laughter.
"Yes, I do."
"Tell me how Nas?"
"It is in the way you speak to her, the way you care for her, it shows in every one of your actions, so don't try to deny."
"I didn't know it was obvious." "It is so obvious, we all know." "Hold up who is we?" Aj's eyes widened further. Nasreen let out a repressed giggle.
"I, Sultana, Irfan, Sudais, but mom is your greatest shipper." "This is so awkward, and now I don't know what to do." "Uncle Aj if you are waiting for Afrah to give you the green light, I don't think you will get it soon."
"Why did you say so?"
"Of course, she is going to feel guilty, like she is betraying Khalil's love so she is not going to make a move, she might decide to stay single for the rest of her life."
"God forbid, Nas, how do I go about it?"
"Just ask her if there are any reservations." Nasreen did a slight shoulder shrug.
"Easier said than done Nas."
"I know Afrah likes you too."
"Stop it, how do you know?" His eyes sparkled with elation.
"When Afrah likes somebody you can tell, here's what you are going to do." Aj listened with the utmost attention.
"When you ask her the first time she is going to say no." "So what will I do Nas?"
"Great question, then we make her jealous to an extent she can't take it anymore."
"That is nice a try, but don't you think it might push her away?"
"Don't worry it is going to be fine, Afrah needs to move on, she can't go on like this, and you can't be quiet about this, it is the universes' way of bringing you and Afrah together, now it is your turn to make her the happiest woman on earth." Nasreen inclined her brows inquisitively and Aj gave her a sure nod.

"What are you talking about, you look so serious." "Nothing serious." They said in unison. Afrah looked at them sceptically and reclined on the couch. "Nas I think I am going to crash here, I need your energy."

"You are welcome, baby." "Why would you want to invade their privacy, let's just go home."
"Uncle Aj they don't seem to have a problem with that, I can even stay one week if I want to, it is ya Irfan and Nasreen."
"No, oh, abeg o! one week is too much, you will be invading a lot of privacy." "Ouch, Nasreen."

"You know I am joking, it is always a pleasure to have you around, you are Nabeel's favourite aunt." "I am everyone's favourite aunt," Afrah said with an eye roll.

They were eating pizza and watching a movie on Netflix. When a romantic scene was shown. All was fine until Afrah started to feel a flutter in her stomach. She couldn't take it anymore so she spoke.

"Nasreen, baki jin wani kyali kyali a cikin ki ba? Nasreen are you not feeling a flutter in your stomach?"

Nasreen looked at Afrah in utter shock.