Chapter six

Salam, hope y'all are liking this book so far. Well, this chapter is dedicated to @khadijatt you motivated me to write this chapter, so I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for all comments, I was elated. ilysm❣️❣️❣️

The wind sighed, treetops trashed and the boughs moaned, a curtain of rain beat down from the sky, pouring harshly down on earth. Khalil insisted he bring lunch for her to the hospital, he was worried she hadn't eaten anything since morning.

He watched her as she ate, and held a bottle of water for her as if waiting for her to say 'water' Which she did, and he hastily opened the cap and gave it to her. After she was satisfied he told her that his mother wanted to see her.

"Youdonmeanit. your mom wants to meet me?" Afrah said agape with wonder.
"Yes, I mean it."
"Oh my God, what am I going to do?" Afrah asked tautly.
"Relax, don't get in a stew, she has been asking when I will bring you to visit her." "I will have to prepare myself mentally," Afrah said, she thought of the kind of mother that wanted to see her son's girlfriend. If a boy and a girl were dating, they usually don't visit each other's homes, instead, you just added things on your schedule and told your parents you would not come home early that day.

"I remember one time in ss 3 when I took this girl as my prom date, my mom dropped us off, she asked if she had a tissue paper, she said she didn't have any, my mom gave her a tissue paper, she said it was a girls habit to always walk around with a tissue paper."
"Khalil stop joking."
"I think she just wants to meet her future daughter-in-law, or maybe give you tissue as well. Khalil said, making Afrah laugh nervously.

"It is okay, take your time, whenever you're ready okay." He looked at her steadily and nodded his head, she nodded back. "What time are you going home today?" Khalil asked, She checked her wristwatch reflexively. "By six."
"Okay, I will just wait and drop you off at home."

"No Khalil you don't have to, you should go home and get some rest, you have already taken all the stress of coming here already."

"Na your rest?" He teased.
"Now you are going to make people ask me why I disappeared."
"No_ Afs, you should go, I am going to wait for you."
"And you think I will concentrate on what I am doing when I know you are out here."
Khalil was happy, It felt so natural the way she could talk to him about anything and even odd things, the trust, so easy, and yet so complete. "Can I ask a question, Khalil?"
"Yeah sure Afs, anything."
"Has been with me helped you discover yourself more? like have I introduced you to anything that has made your life better?" Khalil paused for a second thoughtfully and then narrated the scene between him and his mother.

"Khalil kwana biyu I don't see you smoking, you finally came to your senses."
"ki bari kawai mum, Afrah told me all its health effects, and showed me a smokers lung and since then I've been careful."

"Oh ikon Allah, all these years your father, your siblings, and I have been trying to stop you, but in just a few months one girl was able to stop you."
"I don't know mum, she has a calming effect on me, and she makes me understand with just a few words of hers.
"Am glad you have someone in your life who brings the best out of you, Allah ya muku Albarka." Amin mummy sat beside her and helped her massage her feet. She smiled genuinely.

"Am glad." "And not only that Afrah, I think I am a better Muslim now than before, but you are also my teacher, my best friend, I have come to realize that you love me, just so I can love myself, you came into my life and got it right, you are making me believe that whatever our souls are made of yours and mine are the same." "Aww, I like what we have, and I pray it gets even better."
"Amin ya Allah what about me Afrah, have I changed your life in any way?" Khalil asked. She thought for a while before she spoke. "When am with you, even the atmosphere changes, when am with you, words don't even matter, you make me stronger emotionally, physically and mentally, seeing you makes me happy, your smile, your smell, the way you shower me with all your attention, even when I know you are tired, and all those little things you do, that makes you you, and I appreciate everything you do for me and all the time you give to me, there is nothing more I could ask for.