chapter 23

This chapter is dedicated to you, I hope you feel every emotion in this chapter sweetie 🤍🤍. This is for you @temtemokuns ❣🥰

Sunflower by post malone playing🌼

Sultana and Nasreen called Afrah, squealing with excitement.
"Okay chill already hèrmanas."
"Not until you give us details." "Nothing much about the gist since you've seen it on Twitter, wow, I must be trending."
"No, you are not trending that much, some other guy is stealing your thunder."
"God bless that guy, the last thing I want, is to be trolled or called out."
"Oh sweety, you already are, someone just called you out."
"Oh shoot, what did they say Nas?"
"He called you a Clout chaser." "So sorry Afs." " It is okay ya Sultana it is not the worse comment I've received, anywho, the huge news is that Uncle Aj asked daddy for my hand in marriage."
"Shut up." Nasreen gasped in surprise.
"Shut up more, what did dad say?" Sultana added.

"He said over his dead body," Afrah said feigning pain.
"Shut up more more," Nasreen said with worry etched in her voice.
"Why would dad say such a horrible thing I thought he was one of your greatest shippers?"
"I know, I was confused too, he said he was disappointed in us."
"Hold up did he catch you guys making out?"
"No, he didn't Nas, and please we are keeping things halal fam, like all the time."
"But Afrah after that PDA you guys showed at the airport you are meant to get married even if it is for clout, and please can you stop calling him uncle."
"I am so used to it, calling him another name would feel awkward," Afrah said with a slight chuckle. "Dad
Said he was disappointed in Aj for not asking for my hand earlier."
When Sultana and Nasreen  grasped the news they burst out with laughter and heaved a sigh of relief.
"Seriously daddy did that to you, I can imagine how must have felt at that moment, our old man is a whole mood, so when is the wedding?"

"A date has not been fixed yet but it might be fixed after Sallah, so y'all better get your ass's back to Nigeria."
"When I saw your video on Twitter I thought It was a trailer for a Netflix movie. It was epic."

"Epic I know, but hopefully you didn't see my feet?"
"C'mon Afs we saw it, two different pairs of crocs?
Girl, you're redefining fashion." Sultana said.
"I think I want to wear two different crocs on my next outing with Irfan and profess my undying love for him.
"You should try it, maybe you will set trends on Twitter that way, but guys, I feel really bad about Jinan, I mean we were getting along, am sure she'd be like
that bitch stole my man, what do you think I should do?"
"Wait, am I missing something? I thought she was Aj's rebound?" Sultana asked arching her brows up.
"Rebound? they were in a relationship, ya Sultana
Uncle Aj was even going to London to see her parents." Afrah said.
"Seriously, Afrah you can't be so dumb."
"What is dumb about what I said?"
"My goodness can't you read between the darn lines, It was a plan to make you jealous, Jinan is my friend so I hooked her up with Aj, and she was up for the plan, you know uncle Aj would never do that to somebody he loves."
"You did what?" Afrah's voice became increasingly strident.
"I guess I will leave Aj to explain the rest." Nasreen scratched her ear.
"Seriously Nasreen how could you, do you know how many times Afrah called, crying because of how sad she was that Aj had found the woman of his dreams and she wasn't the one?"
"Do you know how it broke my heart to see uncle Aj with another girl?" "Look, I am sorry about your feelings, but it was the best I could do to make you realize how much you love uncle Aj and how much want to be with him."
"Nasreen you did the right thing, At least she took the reins, and now guess who is getting married."

"I don't know why you want us to guess you know it is me, talk to you guys later I have to go and fight with my boyfriend."
"Wow, boyfriend that is weirdly formal." Nasreen said.
"Hope her first fight with her boyfriend goes well." Sultana said shrugging her shoulder.
"It will, Aj loves her to a fault, but I am so happy for her, she has gone through a lot, I don't think I'd be as strong as she is had it been me."
"I know right, Allah never burdens a soul more than it can bear, so speaking of dates have you made reservations for our date with our housemates?" "Don't worry I am on it, see you on Friday, by the way, how is your PhD going?" "Fine but hectic."
"You want to see hectic do it in Nigeria and see yourself spending ten years."
"Oh cry me a river, how are your intercontinental dishes class going?" "Very well, I am working very hard to be the first Nigerian woman on chopped."
"That is it, own it sis, I am so proud of you, my regards to Sabir and Sabran, put them on the phone. Or just send my regards I never know which one to look at when I am talking to twins." Sultana laughed.
"Okay Nas, a shafa min kan Nabeel, my regards to IR."