Chapter five

Salam guys... This chapter is dedicated to mejor Amiga's horse Valiant... And since everybody dey do business now, at _trendgraphics on Instagram for your book covers, business cards, logos and lots more. She does amazing work.

🌻
Khalil took a drag on his cigarette and expelled the smoke slowly, he was thinking about the girl that was clouded in all his thoughts, for the past three months, no matter how he tried to brush her thought away, he couldn't, and then he asked himself what he always thought about before he met her. Still, on his mind, his phone rang, Lo and behold it was his enigma. Afrah.

"Baaby!!!" Khalil called her name as if he were singing. Afrah couldn't help but laugh.
"Hello."
"Hi, How are you, what are you doing?"
"Erm, just smoking some cigar."
"Khalil you know if we meet again, I am going to get rid of all those cigarettes, you are causing harm to your system and you know it." "Okay, this is the last one I will take today, I promise." "Promise me, Khalil."
"I promise, I cross my heart and hope to die," Khalil said satirically.
"Okay then, you know a promise is a debt," Afrah said earnestly. "You looking forward to tomorrow's outing," Khalil asked. "Yeah, since you refused to tell me where, and I look forward to seeing you also." "I am glad you can't wait to see me," Khalil said with gusto.
"Dude I said I look forward to seeing you, period, don't put words in my mouth," Afrah said firmly. "Okay I've heard, her awesomeness, so how are we going to meet?"
"Hmm, let me see about that, I have to ask my mom first."
"When are you going to introduce me to mom?"
"Don't worry soon."
"When is soon, you have been telling me that for three months now."
"Oh my God, so we've known each other for three months already?"
"No, since childbirth, seriously I want you to get real with me, where do I stand with you, what is our status or we are still in the best friend zone or are we building a relationship?" His voice laced with seriousness.
Afrah laughed to clear the imminent tension.

"When we meet we shall know who even has the land that we are building a relationship on sef."

"Okay that is hilarious, let me know what I am building before another man go roof am," Khalil teased.
"Now this is hilarious, since you said it is a surprise, you can come to pick me up later, and then we would know our status."
"By what time?" "Say three-ish?"
"Okay then, take care, until I come."

****
Afrah paused for thought for what to wear, she didn't want to wear a native dress, nor a skirt, or even a gown, she wanted to wear something very comfortable and casual, when she searched again, she saw the perfect outfit staring at her.

******
Her mom knew about her friendship with Khalil But wanted to be sure where it was leading before she told her mom anything. Khalil had been actively waiting for her answer, and today, she was determined to give him that answer...

"Bye, mom." "Okay Afrah be careful, I will call you, don't you think you are overly dressed, where are you guys going?"
"You think so mum, I don't even know where we are going he said it is a surprise Afrah looked at herself in front of her mother's mirror, she wore light brown palazzo trousers and a blouse, she paired it with white Valentino sneakers, picked a matching hijab and a Ferragamo purse.

" "Okay Afrah be careful, I will call you, don't you think you are overly dressed, where are you guys going?" "You think so mum, I don't even know where we are going he said it is a surprise Afrah looked at herself in front of her mother's mirror,...