chapter four

This chapter is dedicated to vivacious_m1
thanks for being a huge part of this book mejor amiga, and also being the first to comment on this book, my love for you knows no bounds, thanks sis.. ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

🌻

Afrah's day begun by performing rounds at the hospital. And after rounding she got some discharge medication for a patient she would be sending home later that day, she got her morning report ready she spent the rest of her morning putting in orders, calling consults, and writing a few notes before the conference. The conference ended around one pm and after then was lunch. There was still time left to get teachings from attending physicians and upper-level residents. She got time to get her procedures done, talk with patients and their families. Finally the last thing she did that day was some EKG teaching with her resident. By four pm she signed out of the hospital.

***
She got home and started preparing for her girls day out she was happy to meet them, her schedules were always tight so she was excited to hang out with them after a long time, and even more exciting she would be seeing Khalil again for the second time they had been talking, chatting, but they had not met since the last date which was three weeks ago, just these few weeks they had gotten closer.

Afrah scrutinised her likeness in the front of the full-length mirror, looking at her figure she was tall, perks of having tall parents even at a younger age, she had always been taller than other girls and women around her. She touched her heart-shaped face and examined her caramel brown glossy skin tone. Was she beautiful? she had never really worried about her appearance before but now she had a reason to, she would be meeting Khalil later on and the tiny zits on her forehead caused a breakout due to all the stress. They weren't much, but she still worried about them.  Her eyes were not too big but almond-shaped, and brown, she had slender eyebrows that eased gently down to her heavy eyelashes she touched her nose that stood out elegantly and then down to her pouting lip shape. She turned sideways placing her hands on her wasp waist, she wasn't fat, or slim like her sisters she was healthy nothing to worry about.She wrapped her ebony black hair with her hijab securely and had one last glance at the mirror, she grabbed her purse and left her room. 

****

Her dad was sitting in the garden on the outdoor chair with Aj sharing some talks and drinking some chai.

When Aj saw her, he smiled and she smiled back flashing her shiny halo white teeth at him.
"Uncle Aj I didn't know you were around."

"Well, now you know." Afrah rolled her eyes. He was always quick to fire off humorous retorts which she was so used to that she was always ready to throw her shafts of sarcasm back at him.

Aj scanned her appearance and wondered where she was going. Her rakish clothes were always a source of amusement to him, he liked anything she wore especially when she wore Abayas. He always said she looked like a queen every time she wore Abayas.

"Dad I am going to meet up with my friends Amal and Sahar, I told you yesterday."

"Okay, who is taking you?" Afrah looked around and saw Sudais coming toward them.  "Sudais is taking me."

"No not Sudais, I want to send him on an errand you can go with the driver and don't be late your driver license would be ready soon that way you can go out freely."
"Thanks dad,"   He was about to continue with his newspaper when Sudais interrupted him.

"Daddy san da gida, a bamu goron Jumu'ah mana.."  Sudais said teasingly.  "Sudais kenan,  Aj." Mr Sulyman called.

"Na'am daddy," Aj replied. "Basu bundle 'dai 'dai. give them one, one bundle."