chapter nine

This chapter is dedicated to all my fabulous readers.. Take kiss 🥰🥰🥰.

The moon was abnormally large, bathing the earth with its luminous glow, that night was Sahar and Muhammad's wedding dinner, it was held in a lavishly elegant and refined event center, the hall was decorated beautifully, the stage was illuminated with different colour bulbs, decorated with different floral ornaments and frills, A magnificent platform was erected which held throne like chair for the bride and bridegroom. The banquet hall looked like a five star hotel, There was a place set aside for musical instruments, they played loud and soft music. The guests were very well dressed, and the wedding ceremony was filled with different panjandrums.

The bridegroom and his grooms men arrived in ten cars, they walked in elegantly with the brides groom, All dressed in uniform, in an ash  baban riga, and their caps, perched perfectly on the handsome men. They escorted him to his seat, Two well known video camera men, and photographers  were busy capturing the moment with their equipments. The bride was dressed in an incredible sumptuous sky blue gown that glittered, as they walked in a slow doll like pace majestically, all eyes scrutinized them as they escorted the bride to her seat.

Five nights before, when she arrived in Kano, Afrah had been terrified and disconcerted, but tonight when she walked in, she felt neither dread nor even concern as she walked gracefully  side by side to Sahar and Amal, the rest of the ten girls walked charmigly in two rows, all dressed in the same garbs that were exceedingly elegant.

She saw people turning to watch her, but tonight she cared nothing for what expression was on all three hundred faces. she was elegant to her fingertips, she felt carefree and calm. As she walked to her seat, she let her gaze pass across the crowd looking for the only face that mattered. He looked up the moment she saw him, as if he'd been hunting for her too, His admiring gaze swept over her, and then to her face. Khalil drew a long breath and realized he hadn't been breathing as he watched her. Neither had the men beside him. "Masha Allah, she is too exquisite to be flesh and blood," "Yes she can't possibly be real." The men said, It took a strong amount of will to keep Khalil from punching them.

*****
Khalil dropped his anger aside, and messaged her. hello sunflower, you look heart breakingly beautiful tonight. When she read the text, Her furrowed face lit by a warming smile, Thanks i know. She replied with an eye roll emoji. "Can we talk please?" Khalil texted.
"Later, the wedding just started, Amal and i still have to give our speech,"
"Together?" Khalil asked. "Yes together, with even a slide show of all our memories," "Okay that is new, I will also be giving my own speech." Khalil texted. "Terrific!! but you have stage fright," "I know, i hope i can handle it when i get up there." "Just look above everybody's heads, and if you still feel fright, just focus your attention on only one person okay," Afrah said. "That would be you," Khalil teased. "I did not send you o, don't go and forget your speech." Khalil laughed, "I will send it to you, so you can mouth the words at me incase i forget,"

He sent the speech to her, and he saw her smothering her laughter as she read it. "Is it funny?" he asked. "Yeah it is, no other person would have written this perfectly," she sent a smiling emoji. He replied back with a blowing kiss emoji.

She looked at him, and their eyes jammed for the millionth time that evening. He arched his eyebrows at her, and she wiggled her's back to him mischievously. "You look impeccably handsome, can't seem to lower my gaze,"

"Goddd, Afrah what is wrong with you, how can you tell me this in the middle of people," "Am sorry i just can't help it,"
"Stop flirting Afrah!!" "You started it, why am i even talking to you i am still mad at you, dude you hid the truth from me," "and i can't believe you stood me up, i was really hurt Afrah," "You think i wasn't hurt too?"  "Fine, we are even since we are both hurt," Khalil texted with an hi five emoji. Afrah sniggered, She knew the fight would go on and on, and it would get heated,  instead she focused her attention and continued enjoying the wedding, later they were going to talk like adults elsewhere, but not in that hall.