Chapter 25

This is for you,  temtemokunsevery coma, full stop and every emotion. 🤍🤍 so sorry for going MIA and AWOL. But I hope I made it up to you with this chapter.

"What is the scariest thing that could happen to you Afs?"
"I would have said death, but I don't think it is the right time, wait don't tell me. Bungee jumping?" She said squinting her eyes.

"No scarier."
"Oh my Gosh.. oh my gosh, Skydiving?"
"Yes, my love."
"Really? really?" Afrah said excitingly. Aj lifted her and twirled her around, Afrah wrapped her hand around his neck and plastered a lingering kiss on his lip
"Omg, I am excited and yet afraid at the same time."
"That is how I felt for the first three times, you will get used to it don't worry."
"I will never get used to feeling like dying."

They were in the costumes and got on the plane and jumped off.

"The parachute Afs."
"What the fuck is wrong with it?"
"It is not opening."
"Haaaa, oh my God, I am gonna dieeeeeeeeee..."
Her voice echoed.
"I love you Afrah." He screamed.
"How can you tell me that when we are about to die?"
"At least we will die in love."
"Haaaaa! La ilaha illallah."  Afrah screamed again and the chute opened finally.
"You have got to be kidding me, I saw my whole life flash before my eyes." Afrah placed her hand on her chest breathing heavily.
"How was it?"  "It was the best thing and scariest that happened to me on this trip I love you, and screw you for scaring me."

Lagos, Nigeria.

****
Nasreen and Sultana went to pick them up at the airport.
"Hey, how are the  lastest honeymooners?"
"Let's say we are the happiest couples in the world." Afrah said. Aj brought her hands to his lips and kissed them tenderly.

"How was Ibiza?"
"It was terrific I had the best time."
"Saukan Quranin sau nawa kuka yi?" Nasreen teased.
"You did not." Sultana turned around to look at them.
"Yes, we did, but it was tranquilising you know how soothing uncle Aj's voice is I could listen to it forever, it is one of the reasons I married him." She looked at him smilingly. "Thank you babes."

They arrived at their new home in Ikoyi at Bell avenue street,  it was a nice three-bedroom apartment with a beautiful garden. Afrah was content and happy.
She turned to Aj, I love it, it is beautiful and perfect for us.
"Wait until you see the interior," Sultana said.
"Wait. before we go in I just want you to know that I love you and I had a great time on our honeymoon, I can't wait to go in there and spend the rest of our life together."
"Aww, so do I," Her eyes caught the bracelet he was wearing. "You are sticking with the shell bracelet huh?"
"What, it was a gift for honeymooners, and it looks cute."  "You look like a princess."

"Just give us our gifts and get the hell out of here," Nasreen said.
"But it is our house and we didn't get you guys anything."
"You've got to be kidding me, seriously."
"We didn't get a chance to get anyone anything."
"Yeah, nice bracelet," Sultana said looking at the bracelet in Aj's hand.
"That you can have," Afrah said and went inside the house.

Afrah was stunned when she stepped in. It was such a pleasing image to behold.  Every lightening, every piece of furniture, from the draperies to the carpets, and appliances was modern and exquisite. Nasreen showed her around to her kitchen and her room.
"Omg, this is going to be so beautiful when we take our first madubin soyyaya pictures." She dragged Aj closer and took amazing shots.

When Afrah was alone with her sisters they looked at her with a devilish smirk. "Please stop giving me the I know what you did look."

"So how was it?" Nasreen said with zing.
"It was nice," Afrah said firmly.
"Uh-oh, was it not nice?" Sultana said squinting her eyes.