chapter eight.

The house was filled with a pleasant scent of incense as Afrah stepped in. It was Friday, and Fridays were always short days for her at the hospital, Even though it was her mother's placid everyday scene, She felt the house was a little to busy for her liking, cooks were in the kitchen, the house was been tidied more than usual. She thought though...

She greeted her mom and went to her room, to have a warm shower and a nap, she was really tired. She changed into one of her nightie, and in no time drifted off into a deep recess of sleep.

When she woke up after two hours, she read her sallah, and then she felt like dressing up and taking pictures, she gave her wardrobe a good rummage, and found the perfect outfit to wear, she picked one of her native dresses, and put it on, the car...

When she woke up after two hours, she read her sallah, and then she felt like dressing up and taking pictures, she gave her wardrobe a good rummage, and found the perfect outfit to wear, she picked one of her native dresses, and put it on, the carves on her body became more prominent when she wore the skirt, as every outfit she wore would love to embrace her body, because she would make it more beautiful, the way her perfect bosom and wasp waist whistled down to the bends of her curvy hips, enhancing her shapely figure.

She folded her full length ebony hair into a chignon, and tied her scarf perfectly, leaving the rest of her hair to sit on the nape of her neck, she wore a minimal makeup. She looked at herself in the mirror and mouthed perfect, She went downstairs to take mirror selfies in front of the console that was designed to stand against the wall. Her favourite selfie spot.

 Unbeknownst to Afrah,  Khalil was edgy seated amongst her parents

Unbeknownst to Afrah, Khalil was edgy seated amongst her parents. He was dressed in an impeccably white Kaftan, and a zanna bukar cap perched perfectly on his head, Khalil looked very neat, and very presentable, he tapped his hands on his lap as he listened to them talk about politics, which he wasn't interested in, he just wanted Mr Sulyman's blessing to be with his daughter.

She stilled in her position when she noticed that they weren't only her parents in the living room, she paused for a second to be sure if she heard a voice that sounded like Khalil's mom. Who had just asked where she was. Mr Sulyman was on his way to her room, when he saw her standing in front of the console.
"Baby I didn't know you were awake already, i was about to come and drag you out of that bed. Khalil, his elder brother and his mother are here, did he tell you he was coming?"
"No he didn't," "I thought he did, cause of all this your gayu,"
"No dad i had the slightest idea, i just wanted to dress up, today is friday, so i thought i make an effort."