Allergies

Vernon set the dining table as he listened to Jisung bouncing around Kihyun and Mark as they cooked dinner for everyone.

"What are we having for dinner, Hyung?" Jisung asked, looking over Kihyun's shoulder, looking into the pot.

Kihyun took the chance to kiss the young Omega on the head.

"Satay chicken and rice. We haven't tried it yet, but the recipe sounds promising." Kihyun said with a laugh.

Jisung sniffled the air.
"It smells amazing."

Kihyun continued to stir the pot.
"Can you help Vernon set the table, please. Dinner is almost done."

Jisung nodded, bouncing out of the kitchen.

Mark shook his head with a smile.
"He seems to have more energy as an Omega than he did as a Beta."

"At lease he's giving Changkyun a break. That poor Pup."

They both giggled.

Jisung jumped onto Vernon's back.
"Need help?" He asked.

Vernon held back his grunt from the sudden impact, he shook his head.
"I just finished actually. But thank you, Pup."

"Dinner is ready!" Kihyun called, as he and Mark entered the dining room with four large pots.

Jisung let go of the Beta's neck, sitting down in one of the seats.
"Thanks, Hyungs! I'm starving!"

Jisung said this just as Changkyun walked into the room.

Changkyun walked over to Jisung, feeling the Pup's forehead.
"You not long ate, you can't be that hungry just yet. I think you might go into heat soon. But it's too early for you to have another heat yet."

Everyone piled into the dining room taking their seats.

Vernon smiled as Seungkwan scented him before plopping down between him and Minhyuk.

Seungcheol looked over to Changkyun and Jisung as he entered the room.

"Hyung! I think Jisung might be going into heat early." Changkyun worried his lip as he turned to the second in charge.

Seungcheol smiled to everyone.
"Everyone, dig in. Don't forget to thank Mark and Kihyun."

There was a chorus of thank yous, before everyone began to fill their bowls with rice and Satay chicken.

Seungcheol sat beside Changkyun as they talked.

Vernon was only a few bites in, when he started feeling...odd.

He coughed a few times to get rid of the tickle, even taking a few sips of water.

"Are you alright?" Seungkwan asked him.

Vernon nodded.
"Yeah, I think I might just have some rice stuck in my throat." He tried to cleared his throat.

Seungkwan nodded, going back to talk to Minghao.

Vernon wiped his mouth on his hoodie sleeve.

His mouth felt...itchy...tingly...

What was going on?

He drank more water.

Seungkwan turned back to Vernon.
"You don't look so good, Hyung..." He said rather loud, trying to keep the panic out of his voice.

"I'm fine." Vernon reasurred.

The conversion caught the attention of other people in the room.

Hyunwoo stood up from his seat, walking around the table to the two.

He knelt beside Vernon's chair.
"You alright, Pup?" He ran his hand through the Beta's hair.

Vernon started to nod, but didn't get very far as his stomach started to cramp up.

He whinpered.

By this time, everyone had stopped eating, watching the Beta and head Alpha.

Vernon tucked his head into the Alpha's neck.

"Umm... Hyunwoo-Hyung..."

Hyunwoo turned to Seungkwan who was looking to the back of Vernon's neck with wide eyes.

Hyunwoo moved Vernon to get a better look.

Hives.

He turned to Kihyun who was standing up, biting his lip with worry.

"What did you cook for dinner? What is this?" He pointed to Vernon's bowl.

"Satay chicken." Mark said nervously.

"What's in it?" Seungcheol asked, making his way over to the head Alpha and Vernon.

Mark and Kihyun looked to each other.
"Umm, Chicken, coconut milk, umm, curry paste, peanut butter-"

Mark was cut off when the two head Alphas looked to each other.

"We need to get him to the Medicine Room now. It could be an allergic reaction to the peanuts." Seungcheol said, as he helped Hyunwoo pull Vernon up from his seat.

The Beta groaned.
"I don't feel well, Hyungs." He mumbled.

"I know, Pup. But it's going to be okay. We'll have Seokjin and Jihoon help you." He said, dragging Vernon our of the room.

As their names were said, the two Betas stood up, and followed the three out of the room.

Kihyun cried into Mark's chest.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't..." He started to sob.

Jackson walked over to the two, pulling them both into his arms.
"It was a mistake, you didn't know. It's going to be okay." He kissed the top of their heads.

Hyunwoo entered the room.
"Keep eating. The Betas and Seungcheol have it under control." He said, walking over to Kihyun who was still sobbing.

Jackson released his hold on Kihyun, but continued to hold Mark.

Hyunwoo pulled Kihyun into his arms.
"Lets go calm down." He said, pulling the Omega out of the room.

The Pack continued to eat quietly.

No one really wanted to eat, not after what just happened...but no one really wanted to be scolded by Hyunwoo or Seungcheol if they found out no one was eating either.

"We should get the nest ready for Vernon, for when he comes out of the Medicine Room." Jisung turned to Jeonghan.

Felix smiled.
"That sounds like a good idea, Sungie. We should do that after we eat."

Jisung smiled back.

Jeonghan ran a hand through the young Pup's hair.
"That's sweet of you, Jisung. Eat up, so we can get started on the nest."