Canta

✧ Through Flowing Currents ✦

Dawn was beginning to break. Anya and Gandalf were up by then, helping the others as they tidied Bilbo's house to their normal orderly prior to leaving. The lot basically pillaged his home the yestereve so, it was the only moral thing to do. Right after they finished, Anya grabbed her cloak along with her greatsword, draped her mask around her face, then followed Gandalf outside. The Dwarves were preparing for their ponies, each flagged with their own baggage and belongings.

"What do you think, Fee, will Bilbo show up or not?" Kíli stood behind his brother, nudging his elbow. There was a particular glint in his eyes, one that likely foreshadowed an upcoming mischief.

If truth be told, Thorin's mind was plagued for days if he ever should bring his sister-sons or not. One of the obvious reasons was the kind of notorious upbringing they had with them, most especially if you put the two together.

"Hmm, I'm sceptical, but hoping." Fíli mirrored his brother's thinking. "Would it be reasonable if we make a wager out of it?"

"Sounds like a great plan to me!" his younger brother nodded excitedly.

Long had their beings lost to shenanigans when they started putting their wagering in motion with the rest of the company. Although, there were times that Fíli - being the older one, would act aptly, living up to his title as the next heir to the throne. But knowing that both brothers were inseparable, mayhem mostly ensues in their wake.

Finally, the two shifted their attention to Anya, who was obviously minding her own business. "I reckon she wouldn't let herself take part in any of this."

"What makes you infer on such idea?" Fíli raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. She just — have this presence with her." Kíli watched her dreamily. "I cannot describe. So near, yet so far."

The blonde one sighed, clearly having enough of his brooding. "For Mahal's sake Kee, stop brooding, you look stupid! Mother will smite you hearing you judge by the outside, much less a female. I daresay you ought to ask her yourself. There's literally only a couple of few feet between ya!"

"East for you to say!" Kíli exclaimed, fidgeting with the reigns of his pony.

"I'll do it myself then!"

Fíli rolled his eyes, marching directly towards the assassin faster than Kíli could even utter the next word he was about to say. He could hear Kíli's helpless arguments behind him, yet he paid no heed to it. Anya, on the other hand, was peacefully petting Norvó on his neck and at the same time, checking and securing parts of his saddle and bridle.

The nearer he got to Anya, the bigger her stallion revealed in front of her. Gandalf's horse veritably waned in comparison. It never occurred to Fíli the frightening enormity of his scale up-close. He gulped, feeling himself shrinking by and by. Even Dwalin, the one most with musculature amongst all of them, resembled like a twig that the stallion could easily snap into half with his foreleg. Kíli exhibited the same reaction the moment he finally caught up with his brother.