Cainen

✧ Descendants of the Dúnedain ✦

There was much more in Imladris than just a place of peace and learning. Seeing that it protectively resided on a deep ravine of the River Bruinen and confronting the celestial horizon, the Edhil usually relishes the beauty of its evenfall, one of many features of the Last Homely House in the East fairly possessed. An array of scattered clouds cloaked the boundless, red sky, reflecting the waning sun's scarlet and amber afterglow with a hint of bluish sky-blue light reaching the peripheral field. Overall, a surreal fusion of gold and bisque hue embraced the entire scenery. Estel, too, savoured gazing at it as much as he could. It was the only period of time where he could find peace and content amidst the occasions in his life.

"Estel!" A soft, familiar voice roused him from his trance. He whirled and saw Anya running in his direction. Estel grunted when she collided against him.

"Senyä!" he chuckled, twirling her around from the ground.

"Oh, I have missed you very much, little cub!"

"As have I, lioness."

"Let me have a proper look at you!" Anya held Estel's face in her hands as she studied his features, turning his cheek on each side. His attention was held by a silver metal cuff, smaller than his, dangling over her wrist and etched on it was the Oath of Elendil in Cirth Runes.

 His attention was held by a silver metal cuff, smaller than his, dangling over her wrist and etched on it was the Oath of Elendil in Cirth Runes

He smiled, unawarely shaking his hand with one identical ornament

He smiled, unawarely shaking his hand with one identical ornament. It was Anya who gifted him a matching silver cuff on his 21st nameday.

Pale steel grey eyes bore against her bright aqua blue ones. It appeared he sprouted another inch or two as did his dark hair that fell nearly to his shoulders, framing the sharp features of his clean-shaven face. Estel was wearing a decent outfit different from his ranger garbs. A dark navy blue linen shirt under a black longsleeved jerkin with braided ties, soft leather trousers and a pair of his usual ranger boots.

"Not bad, kid. Not bad." Anya's brows raised a little, while her mouth made what was almost a downturned smile with a nod of approval. "You seemed taller."