languages

The Titans. 

Pillars, no, gods of the city, vigilant eyes extending to their fists. Legacy not rooted in stone, but action. 

A mistress of magic whose darkness oozed from beneath her sweeping cloak into the souls of her enemies. a shapeshifter supreme who danced around the laws of nature by changing his own. A man inside a machine whose spirit made him more human than any of them. A teen wonder who boasted no powers, but flipped through battles like bringing villains to justice was just his next swing on the trapeze. 

And their fifth member, a lavender-clad girl with wild, streaking pink hair, whose electric bolts pulsating from her hands almost seemed...alien.

And an alien was exactly what they were fighting.  

"Jinx, go!" Robin ordered. The pigtailed hextress of bad luck dispelled a fire hydrant with her lilac energy, shooting a jetstream of water into the outworlder's emerald eyes. This threw the extraterrestrial off balance and temporality blinded her, leaving Raven open to attack. 

Besides her brazen talent, Jinx was a work in progress. It took a whirlwind romance with Kid Flash to beseech her to leave the Hive Five—gentrified thugs who didn't discriminate in their robbery, assault, and murder. 

But when an enraged spacegirl inarticulate in English was targeting your team, the nuts and bolts of one colleague went out the window. 

"Zota. Escavoe!" Starfire shouted in her native tongue, but it wasn't a war cry or whoop. It was pitiful. Almost like she was begging them to stop. 

Stop what? She attacked them. 

It began three months ago with a jade supernova blazing across the sky so fast most thought it a shooting star. And those who didn't were...occupied. 

With no hostile monster emerging to ravage the city, and the astroid wreck they examined days later holding no evidence that there was, the Titans decided not to investigate further. 

But in the corner of their eye, whether they were fighting, digging, or eating, there was always a green light in the shadows. They always felt like they were being watched. 

And they were. 

She'd chosen to make her move in an underground alley they visited often to escape the public Her raw strength, and the intelligence it took to strike in a place they frequented often and wouldn't be seen, made her dangerous. Too dangerous to be left alone.

"Hold." He said. Raven snuck behind the still-cursing girl, about to deliver a blow creeping towards fatal. "Let's see what she wan—"

Starfire drew him in by the nape of his neck, trusting his lips to welcome her to Earth. Their embrace felt like forever and a second at the same time. Like he was transferring a part of himself to her. 

Then, taking advantage of his shock, she yanked him by the collar and exploded into the air. With a glide close to the speed of light, all the others could do was instinctively lunge, then watch helplessly. 

"Sooo..." Beastboy said. "You think that's their idea of foreplay?"

-

When he awakened, the first thing he saw was green.  

With the blurred vision Mr. Sandman gifted him, the green seemed knotted in the embers of a crackling fire. Then he realized the fire was her hair, which she was constantly stoking power into to illuminate the cavern. But the real flames came from her eyes, strobing with a pupilless glow. 

Before Robin let his captor know he was conscious, he had to assess his surroundings. Three things were certain:

One: They were in a cave. He'd passed out on the flight from high altitude, so he didn't have a precise location, but the stalactites on the ceiling certainly weren't man-made. Maybe they were under the island she'd crashed on.