Moving in (Part One)

--------------------

summary: Jinx is having trouble getting back on her feet after moving out of the Hive tower.

--------------------

The Titans Tower

I was sitting on the countertop, legs dangling in front of me. After we defeated the brotherhood of evil, we decided to gather for a party at Titans Tower. The other Titans were having fun, making small talk, and eating pizza. Mas y menos were constantly running around and shouting victory cries in spanish. All the couples were cuddling on the couch, and catching up. Cyborg and Aqualad were playing a game of Stankball. And there was me, just sitting there. I didn't really fit in with the other groups, and they didn't fit in with me. I sighed, and looked around again. Kid flash was at the other side of the room, talking with Red Star and Speedy. I grumbled and walked over, tugging at his shoulder.

"Can we go?" I asked him.

"Come on, Jinxie. You don't want to go back to that nasty old motel. Besides, I'm having fun!" He shrugged me off and went back to talking with his friends.

He was right. Ever since I moved out of the Hive tower, I had nowhere to go. Kid Flash and the rest of the honorary titans offered to pay for a motel,  but I told them I had it covered. What they didn't know is that after a week of staying there, I ran out of money. I left my life savings (mostly stolen) in my old room. And I could never go back there without the rest of the Hive attacking me.

So I started stealing again. 

I wasn't proud of it, but I had too much pride to turn up at the Titans tower, begging for help. I was much more subtle about my thievery than I used to be, picking up trinkets and selling them, or pickpocketing on the streets. I hardly used my powers anymore. If I wasn't a hero, wasn't a villain, what was I?

As of now, nearly homeless.

I tapped Kid Flash on the shoulder again. "I'm going. You guys have fun." Sitting in a motel was better than this awkward party, with nothing to do. 

He kissed me on the cheek. "See you later, Lucky."

I got my bag and walked out. "Yeah. See you."

Everything seemed normal at the motel when I got there. The security guard was sitting in a chair, reading the newspaper and eating a donut.

Until he saw me.

"Get her! That's the girl who's been stealing!" A woman yelled and pointed at the half-dozing security guard.

They knew. Oh no.

I turned on my heels, and started running as quick as I could, beaming my powers at the guard, who had started chasing me. Tears were streaming down my face. I couldn't let the Titans catch me, what would they think of me then? I would just be another criminal to them again. I turned into a dark alleyway, and being confident I lost the guards, I put my head down and started walking. What would become of me?

I stopped thinking when I walked right into the tip of a gun, followed by an officer pointing it at me. 

"Don't move or I shoot." He gritted his teeth at me.

Another officer cocked his gun behind him. "Put your hands up. You have the right to remain silent." 

I pulled my hood down, lifted my hands up slowly, and finally showed my face. The first officer put his gun down. "Jesus christ, she's just a kid." 

The second policeman kept his gun on me. "A dangerous kid. Heard she's part of the Hive Five."

I bit my lip and sharply spoke. "No. I'm. Not." 

The first officer got some handcuffs out. "Look, kid, don't be scared. As soon as we're at the facility we'll call your parents. Now-"

I blasted both officers with my bolts, leading both of them to hit their heads on the alley wall, than fall down. "I don't have parents." I spat at their fallen bodies.

I turned on my heels again and started walking away, when a red and yellow blur bolted in front of me.

"Alright, let's make this quick. I have to get back to a party-" Kid Flash looked at me in the eye, and realized who I was. The look in his eyes said it all. I turned away.

"Jinxie?"

----------------------

The next chapter continues this story! Will Kid flash and Jinx's relationship be wrecked by her thieving habits? Or will he be understanding?

Follow me on insta: robxstarstar

-----------------------