Slave

Tw: trauma, slavery, implied sexual abuse.

An: I have ptsd like star does, but every single experience is different. To all trauma survivors, let me know if I may have wrote this in a 'stereotypical' way or something that's insulting to you.

----

"So, what's the hardest part of being an alien titan?"

Ever since the titans had formed, they could barely avoid the jump city press. People took interest in their favorite heroes...and that came out in annoying ways. Cameras popped out when Robin was playing basketball, when Starfire decided to walk silkie, and the day that poor Beastboy asked out Raven (that made headlines.) So to keep the peace, the titans decided to arrange a monthly conference, that would satisfy the need for news and privacy. 

Which brings us to this.

"Starfire! Ma'am, are you listening?"

The sleepy tamaranian brushed her auburn hair out of her eyes. "Yes. I am the sorry." 

"Am the sorry?" An old journalist cracked up while scribbling away on his notepad. "That's a good one!"

"I'll repeat the question." The reporter's cold eyes narrowed. "What was your hardest experience of being an alien titan?"

Starfire leaned back in her chair. "Well, I-"

"Was it trying to fit in on a normal planet?"

Starfire flinched. "I think that-"

"Dating a human trained by Batman? You could never live up to that."

"Me and Boyfriend Robin's relationship is perfectly fine the way it-"

"Or?" The snarky broadcaster adjusted her glasses, smirk filled with daggers. "Was it your time as a slave?"

slave.

Slave.

"Please. X'hal, please." 

"I do not know your gods, troq. Now dance for me, or I stun you again. Good  pets don't bite their master." The citadel guard flung drool from his frothing mouth.

"Please, sir. I just want to go to the bathroom."

"Silly troq. Bathrooms...are for the living."

The monster approached her, unsheathing his claws. "Once I'm done with you, no part of you will need to feel a thing." The blows came hard and fast, and soon all she could see was the haze of blood pooled around her. 

Through Starfire's excruciating pain she felt a skirt lifted, and sharp teeth slicing through her body as if she were a chew toy. "No..NO!" 

"Ma'am?"

Starfire's eyes burned with trauma and pain. "I said NO!" In her blind fury, she heaved the nosy woman into the nearest wall. Her body crumpled into the stone like a worn out paper.

Robin pivoted to the scene, shocked by Starfire's eyes, that were usually so full of life, seeming so empty. 

"Star, NO! What are you doing?" 

A dark force had overtaken her, as if the brusises on her body were being made all over again. "C'mon Star..take a breath." Taking all his martial strength, he clenched his girlfriend tightly to restrain her.

"No..I didn't mean to..don't hurt me." The alien collapsed into Robin's arms, as cameras and stunned faces flashed left and right. 

Robin glared. "This interview is over."