Chapter 10: The Meta Hunt - Part 6

"So what's the plan Jeff", Gambi asks.

"First off, Lynn go to the police station with Grace to make sure nothing happens to her", Jeff says.

Lynn turns and leaves.

"The rest of us are gonna hide out and wait for them to arrive, I recommend stealth take down for the soldiers", Jeff starts.

"They're bionic, Mr. P, the moment we throw one of them at the wall, everyone in the building will know", TC says.

"Well since they're bionic, there should be a control panel that controls them, If I can find it, I can shut them down, permanently", Gambi says.

"Well then you and TC need to start searching for the control room", Jeff says.

"Alright TC, let's go", Gambi replies.

He and TC begin searching the building. 

"So what do we do?", Brandon asks.

"We wait for Ms. Ghul", Jeff says.

Moments Later, Ms. Ghul loses Erica, and heads back to the Asylum, Team Black Lightning waits for Ms. Ghul to arrive. When she arrives she goes back to the room she left Brandon in, he has got back in the chair, like she left him. She walks in and begins looking through her files. 

"Well now that you had a little time to get your screams out, are you ready to be probed", Ms. Ghul asks.

"No, but are you?" Brandon asks.

Just then Black Lightning walks from around corner.

"I knew your black ass would come", Ms. Ghul says.

"I may be Black but I'm no ass", Black Lightning says.

"Clear the way, this is between me and Static Shock here", Ms. Ghul jokes talking to her soldiers.

Black Lightning clenches his fist. Ms. Ghul turns and reaches for her gun but Brandon snatches it and tosses it across the room. She turns towards him angrily.

"It's fine, I fight better anyways", Ms. Ghul says kicking Brandon across the chair.

Black Lightning grabs her and throws her through the doorway. She rolls into a crouching position and stands up. She squares up and Black Lightning Squares up. Brandon stands up and walks to join the fight cracking his neck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gambi and TC finally find the control room. There are screens throughout the whole room.

"This might take a while", TC says.

"No, not really, this button says "Defense Shut Down", So it should power them down", Gambi says pressing the button.

"No, that's the buildings defense system", TC says.

"How do you know", Gambi asks.

"Three of the machines that control the building just went off", TC replies.

"Which ones?", Gambi asks.

"The buildings cloak just went down, the doors around the building just unlocked, and the cells got unlocked", TC states.

"Meaning, we just released some of the most dangerous criminals here in Freeland", Gambi says.

Gambi looks at him sternly. Then turns to find the control system for the soldiers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the fight, She runs up and knees Black Lightning into the wall, then tries to turn and punch Brandon, but he grabs her arm and flips her on the floor.