So Many Tears

" Layla... " Her mom says,I look up,knowing she was asleep next to me,and find her in tears. I get up,careful not to wake her,and she lets me walk out with her,closing the door.

" What's wrong...did I do something ? " I ask,not wanting to be the cause of this,she shakes her head,and wipes away some tears.

" Austin didn't come home last night...we just got a call from the police " She says,putting a hand to her forehead. I grab her arm,helping her to the couch to sit her down,and she gives me a thankful smile. I mean hell,I practically hated the guy,but I knew something was wrong,and I didn't want him hurt.

" What...what did the police say ? " I ask,feeling sympathy for her as she cried a minute.

" He was in a deadly crash...got hit head on by a drunk driver around midnight they were assuming...they just called a.minute ago...but would you tell Layla for me...I don't think I have enough left " She pleads,I nod my head slowly,and I find her arms around me. I've never gotten a hug from anyone besides Layla,so the only way I knew how react was to hug her back. She lets me go with her best smile,and walks up the stairs to her room,closing the door behind her. I wait a minute,preparing myself for when I go back in to Layla's room. She stands in front of me,taking me by surprise,and her eyes are wide and glassy,her lip trembling. I let out a sigh as I close the door,and two tears drop down onto her cheeks,followed by many more.

" I'm sorry Layla...I'm sorry " I say,looking down,I didn't know what else to say,and I let her cry into my shoulder. I hold her close almost the whole day,and rubbed her stomach with my thumb. I was already a dad to a baby girl,but now another ? This is what I've wanted my whole life,a real family,and I was finally getting it. The funeral was held a while later,and Layla's mom would never come out of her room much,the whole house silent for weeks,not even Alana was happy,always in a tantrum mood. She even slapped me once,not wanting me to pick her up,and I'm telling you,that hurt me so bad,not physically,but emotionally,and I felt like crying. Layla scolded her,making her lip pout out starting to cry,there were so many tears,and by this time I was praying that they would stop.

A/N-  alright guys,sorry it's short,but I'm having a bit of a writer's block with this story,so if anybody has any ideas,I'm begging you to let me in on them,I'm literally begging.