Don't Give Up

I went home,taking out my phone,and calling Layla,praying she would answer. She didn't,and I kept calling her,I wasn't gonna give up,I just wasnt. I called her again,and this time she answered.

" What do you want ? " She asked in a not so happy tone.

" I want you to come over to my place so I can talk to you " I told her,and even that was hard for me to say,let alone tell her what up really was thinking.

" No,I don't wanna come over,I wanna stay home,and think of how hung up you are on yourself " She said,I had a feeling she was about to hangup,so I asked her something I knew would make her say " what ? "

" Will you go to the prom with me ? " I asked her,I hated promos,but it was worth making her stay on the phone.

" Woah,wait a minute,what did you just ask me ? " told ya.

" Nothing " I sighed.

" I can't believe you,I mean I can understand a guy not wanting to go to a dress shop with a girl,but when you tell me you want to go,then change your mind because some guys from school might see you,that just shows how selfish and hung up on yourself you really are,all you care about is you,you don't care about anybody else,not even somebody who might actually care about you " She said,I could hear the hurt on her voice,and it made me feel guilty. " I have to go " She said disappointed.

" Please don't " I asked,pleading with her.

" Bye " She said and hung up. I got made,angry,frustrated,and threw my phone at the wall. It fell to the ground,the screen all cracked,and a mark where it hit. I wish I was better at being...a good decent human being,all I knew how to do was be mean to people,and hurt their feelings,maybe tomorrow I could get her to like me again,I just had to prove I can be a good person. I knew just how to do it too.