fifteen

Luz p.o.v

"wait a min-!" i yell out sitting up in my bed. i hear the phone call end. "-ute." i say out then pulling my phone away from my head and groaned plopping on my back.

"hey kid! finally off the phone?" Eda asked barging into my room, Hooty on her shoulder and King following right behind.

"how long were you out there for?" i asked turning my head to her.

"almost twenty minutes." she says with a smile walking over.

"why didn't you just knock and ask me? or why not leave me alone and come back later?" i ask sitting up, leaning against the headboard and then crossing my arms.

"i didn't think about that." she quizzically tells me, bringing a finger up to her chin. she then just shrugs it off and then sits on my bed, King hopping up too and then laying down to take a nap. "but anyways, you got a member? who is it?"

"so you know 'Blight Industries'?" i start, getting ready to tell her everything like a damn backstory.

"did you get one of the Blight kids to join?" she asked jaw dropped. i just nod my head. "Odalia and Alador are allowing their children to be part of a band? i always thought they would be the way more strict type."

"they are. Amity is doing it without their knowledge." i say surprised that she almost knew exactly what i was talking about. i swear to god she stalks me.

"Amity Blight?" Eda looked even more shocked that i said Amity's name. i just nod my head again slowly.

"yeah, she's the green haired girl i got the number from last night. she does it all without her parents knowing. her siblings cover for her." i say ready for her to freak out again, which she did.

"Amity fucking Blight! that's insane! she's the prodigy of my sister! i've seen that kid and she practically crumbles under her parents." she tells me again, throwing her arms in the air.

"first; you have a sister? second; Amity can be kind of an asshole so it's surprising that she is so obedient to her parents." i argue putting up fingers to count.

"yeah, my sister used to do keyboard for my band. i'm pretty sure she works at your school." she explains putting her arms down.

"she wouldn't happen to be the band teacher, right?" i drew out squinting my eyes and give an awkward smile.

"you have a class of my sisters, don't you?" she asked deadpanned.

"heh... well, yes?" i say scratching the back of my head.

"do not tell her you live here!" Eda yells standing on her feet and pointing to me. "she will ruin your meaningless life. don't do it. if she even learns you're living here she will instantly get a hold of your mother in any way she can, and tell her i'm a criminal."

"oh yeah, fuck no. i'm not going to say shit." i say instantly after shaking my head no.

"thank god. anyways, when is that kid coming over?" she questions going back to her usual self.

"tomorrow after school." i say to her getting up from my bed.

"great... that means you get to clean the house!" she exclaims bolting out the door. i get up from my bed and start running after her.

"like hell i'm going to do that you old hag!" i yell out to her. i go and try to catch up to her. i ended up tackling her and getting her to agree to clean the house with me. we got to work and make the house look a little bit less like a damn pig sty. it was still pretty clean since my mom dropped me off but we didn't do the dishes and we needed to clean Hooty's cage since he was always like twenty percent mucus for some reason. nasty ass bird.

after that i finally got something to eat, when i looked at the time i noticed it was already six-thirty. so, there was literally no point for me to take a nap now. i groan and sit on my bed, noticing i got a text from Amity. i look back down to my phone and see she texted me, 'my parents took the bait. i can just drive us to your place after school.' i pump my fist in the air and mumble a 'yes' under my breath. i shoot her a quick text back.

"Luz!" i hear Eda yell from down stairs. i groan and cuss under my breath. i get up and open my front door going downstairs to see her sitting at the couch with a laptop.

"what is it?" i ask coming down the last step.

"okay, so i'm ordering shirts. what do you think about the look of them?" she asked putting the laptop on the coffee table and turning it my way. i walk up and sit on the floor looking at it.

"is that supposed to be you on a skateboard with a snapback?" i question squinting close to the screen.

"yep! isn't it cool!?" she asked proud of her work.

"i hate it." i say deadpanned looking up to her.

"well too bad! i ordered fifty shirts!" she exclaims snatching the computer up. i facepalm and ask were she even got the money for something like that. "i save money! i make a lot of it from stealing actual money or selling stollen goods! plus your mother is sending me money to take care of you." she tells me closing the laptop like she was justified. i brush off the poor excuse and tell her i'm going to lay down. Eda tells me "okay." and i walk back up to my room. it was only around seven but i didn't get much sleep the night prior. i send Amity a good night text and tell her why i was going to sleep so early.

i turn on my alarm, i then change into a pair of boxers and keep on my sports bra. i turn off my light and lay in bed. i feel my eyes get heavy as i think about my day with the green haired Blight. i was excited for tomorrow.