forty-eight

Amity p.o.v

once everyone got down from rope Luz grabbed my hand, we start to walk to the club. i swing our hands as we walk. i kept most of my attention on Luz, she looked really attractive. i thought about whether or not to say it. i'm still a little buzzed, so i might take this opportunity and say it now. "you look really handsome." i compliment to her. she turns her head to me and i see a blush grow on her face.

"thank you. i really like being called handsome, especially from you." she uses her freehand to rub the back of her neck. i look her in the eyes, making sure she knows what i'm doing. i look her up and down slowly, then reconnecting our eyes.

"i'll have to call you handsome more often then." i smirk to her and look foreword. i feel her lightly tighten her grip on my hand. i wish i had this confidence all the time, i liked teasing Luz. we hear a whistle behind us and and we turn to see Willow holding out her pipe to us.

"it's still cherry." they inform. Luz let's go of my hand and grabs it from them. she puts her finger over the carb and takes a hit off of it, making sure to clear it. she hands it to me and i grab it. i take a hit and clear the pipe. i hand it back to Willow and they give it to Gus. i blow out the smoke, a big cloud leaving my mouth. i look over to see Luz and see she was looking at me.

"wanted me to shotgun with you, cariño?" i question, raising my eyebrow. she smiles and shake her head no.

"no, i just want to kiss you." she flirts with me, looking down to my lips and back up to my eyes. i hum in response.

"that could be arranged." i tell her, a smile rising on my face. Willow hands is the pipe again and Luz insisted i take the hit first. i look her in the eyes and take a big hit, clearing the pipe and handing it to her. i blow out the smoke, it was at least double the size of my last cloud. Luz takes her hit and gives it back to Willow, then blowing out the smoke.

"you have a good set of lungs on you." Luz smiles to me. i laugh a little bit, i could say something really inappropriate. although, i won't for the sake of if some of our friends are listening.

"i could out smoke you any day, Noceda." i say with confidence. she smirks and raises an eyebrow.

"is that a challenge?" she questions to me. i put my arms behind my back and smile.

"maybe, maybe not. you'll have to try and see." she rolls her eyes and looks away, shoving her hands in her pockets. i love flirting with her while i'm high, i get a power high from it. so, practically double the euphoria. i grab onto her arm, pulling myself in and pressing my chest to her. i see her face become red, and her eyes flicker over. she takes a deep breath and clears her throat. i could tell she was starting to get nervous, just what i wanted to happen. run my hand up and feel some of the muscles in her arm, i love her build. "Luz." i whisper, getting her attention. "quiero besarte en todas partes."

her face becomes bright red, which i'm pretty sure was a first. it was probably because i said it in spanish is why i got her. she looks down to my chest and back up to my face. "me too." she mutters turning back forward and bringing her other hand up to her face. i leave her be for a second and turn around to the group behind us.

"it should be right around the corner. you all have your five bucks, right?" i ask the people behind me and Luz, they all nod their heads. "where is your boyfriend meeting us?" i ask Gus, who looks up from his phone.

"he's waiting outside. i am just texting him we are almost there." he replies, going back down to his phone. he turns it off and puts it in his pocket. i look straight ahead, every once in a while looking back to Luz. every few times i would look up to her i would catch her looking at either my face or my chest. "Matt!" Gus exclaims, causing me and Luz to jump. he runs around us and runs up to this one boy, slamming into him.

we walk closer and Luz abruptly stops. i look up to see anger grow on her face. "what the fuck are you doing here?" she snarls at Gus' boyfriend, who instinctively hides behind Gus. she goes to step foreword and i step in front of her, grabbing onto her shirt, dropping my shoes on the ground.

"Luz. what's wrong?" i ask her, trying to get her attention. she still doesn't acknowledge me and still looks at him, trying to push past me. Willow steps in and holds onto Luz's shoulders from behind. Boshca and Skara standing on either side of Gus. "Luz Noceda!" i yell at her, genuinely becoming upset that she wouldn't listen to me. she stops trying to move past me and looks down to me.

"this is the fucker i beat up!" she yells and points to him. he peaks behind Gus and looks at her.

"i literally have done nothing to you! i told someone i didn't like your hair and then you chased me down a alley and hit me with a baseball bat!" he defends, holding onto Gus' shoulders. Gus looked really confused from the situation. i got upset that there was a scene and grabbed Luz by her ear and dragging her along towards Gus, reaching behind him and grabbing Matt by the ear too. i start to drag them away. yelling i would be right back. once we got far enough away, i let go of both of them.

"Luz, don't you dare lay a hand on him. Mat, hear Luz out or i'll punch you in the gut." i state pissed, crossing my arms. they both glare at each other. "you two are both being unbelievably childish. i would expect better from my partner and my friends boyfriend. act fucking civilized or i will call the cops."

"this fucker talked shit about me so i beat his ass." Luz says pissed, looking at me. i glare at her and she groans, apologizing to me.

"i didn't say shit about you, all i said was that i thought you were mean and that i didn't like your hair. which, was pretty reasonable since you did beat up half of the school population." he says crossing his arms. there was a few moments of silence and Matt sighs. "i'm sorry, okay. i'm here staying with my mom during my summer break. and this is the only night i was able to sneak out to see my boyfriend. if i have to apologize to you so i can spend a night with my boyfriend, then i apologize."

i turn to Luz, she looks over to me and sighs too. i could tell she was kind of sorry now. "no, i'm sorry man. i understand how it feels to love someone and have them live under restrictions. Gus genuinely cares about you, i can tell. he's a genuine friend of mine, and i don't want to lose him over some shit i had over you. i want you to spend a night with the person you love." Luz holds out her hand a handshake, he accepts it and thanks her.

he returns back to Gus and the group while me and Luz stay behind for a second. i walk up to her and bring my hand up to her face, rubbing her cheek with my thumb. "thank you for apologizing, cariño."

"i'm sorry if i ruined our moment from on the way here. i really hope you're not mad at me." she says bringing her hand up to mine and holding it. she looks me in the eyes and i felt like i couldn't just ever be permanently mad at her.

"give me that kiss you promised me earlier, and i'll accept that as your apology." i say to her with a light smile. she leans in and gives me a sweet kiss, being gentle with me. we pull apart placing our foreheads together. "we should probably go. also my feet hurt on this asphalt." i say laughing.