Part 1 || first frost

Y/N's POV

I went out of my house and started running. I heard from the news today that it'll be the first frost. With my hands in the pockets of my puffer, I ran as quickly as I could to the park. Arriving as I bent down on my knees catching my breathe, fog or was it smoke came out of my mouth from how cold it was. I walked up to the bench where my dad and I always sat. He taught me to always love winter even if it doesn't hold good memories. He passed during winter time when I was 15 but he always showed me the beauty in loving the cold.

I sat on the bench and sighed letting fog escape from my mouth again. Looking up, I saw the few bits of snow start to fall. I stretched out my hand letting some fall and melt as it touched my skin. I stood up and walked around without any final destination.

It was 11:30 at night, so the streetlights and moonlight were the only sources for you to be able to see this late. I actually hated winter for a while but my dad made me promise even if he were to pass during winter (which he did) I shouldn't hate it because of that, but learn to love and see the beauty in everything. *sigh* I miss you dad...

Jungwon's POV

Ugh! I stormed out of my door and made my way downstairs.

Dad: "son, get back here now!" I ignored what he said and slammed our front door shut. I stormed off in the streets not knowing where my feet were taking me. Winter? Such an ugly and despicable season. Frost bite, hypothermia, hail storms, what's there to love? It's ice cold and you can barely go anywhere when it starts snowing and piling up in front of your house. Ever since I was 16 I never found warmth during winter. Slowly enough the coldness of winter devoured me making me the cold bad guy everyone says I am.

Jungwon: "ARGH!" I kicked the pile of snow that built up on the street. I looked up and saw it was already snowing. First frost, worst part of winter. Brings back so much horrible memories during that day when- *sigh*

I was walking with my head down kicking whatever was in my path. Snow, rocks, leaves, trash, just anything.

Unknown&Jungwon: "ouch!" I fell on my butt and the person I bumped into also did. We both held our heads in pain while groaning. I cursed under my breathe and stood up about to walk away

Unknown: "hey! Aren't you gonna even say sorry?"

Jungwon: "no" I coldly answered her but she held my arm stopping me from moving

Unknown: "what's a cold and rude guy like you doing here this late at night?"

Jungwon: "none of your business, and what's a defenseless girl like you doing here" she glared at me and suddenly gripped onto my arm and twisted it making my whole body turn "OW OW OW!"

Unknown: "defenseless you said? Pshh"

Jungwon: "OUCH! Stop it!" She scoffed and let go of me. How tf? She's literally half my size but she did that so effortlessly.

Unknown: "are you here cause of the first frost?"

Jungwon: "first frost? Don't tell me you're here cause of that"

Unknown: "yeah and what's wrong with that?" She crossed her arms over her chest. This girl, her attitude reminds me of... never mind

Jungwon: "how could people like winter? It's the worst season ever"

Unknown: "how can you not like winter?! You can build snowmans, snow angels, go ice skating, there's literally so much to do during winter" you're optimism is exactly like hers...

Jungwon: "I don't even know you, you're just a stranger I bumped into. Why would you care if I like winter or not?" She's not offended with how cold I am?

Unknown: "cause-" she was cut off when her phone started ringing "what? But you know I- fine, I'm coming" she kept her phone and looked at me "anyway I have to go, hope you learn to love winter" she walked away and I watched her disappear.

That was weird. She looked around my age maybe a year or two younger. She seemed to be so passionate about winter. Just talking about it you could see hearts in her eyes.

Y/N's POV

What a peculiar boy. His eyes were as cold as ice and his aura was like of a villain. Dark black hair, never smiles, walks around with his hands in his pocket as if he's hiding a knife or something. *chuckle* what's with my imagination these days. Oh well, I just hope he learns to love winter and to see how beautiful it is despite it's coldness.

<time skip next day>

Mom: "honey your cousins are inviting you to go ice skating later do you have class at 4:00?"

Y/N: "shucks sorry mom, my classes end at 3:00 actually but I have a new study group later at the cafe right outside school" I said while slipping in my shoes

Mom: "new study group? Are you guys actually gonna study? And what if they're all boys? At least bring your cousin with you" I chuckled and faced her slinging my backpack behind me

Y/N: "mom, don't worry I can handle myself. I didn't take taekwondo for 12 years and not learn anything and anyway, I'm not even close with Jay. I actually rarely see him in uni"

Mom: "I'm just saying try inviting him ok?"

Y/N: "kk bye mom!"

Mom: "bye honey"

I exited my house and walked to the bus quickly. It only started snowing last night and now the whole city's filled with snow. Not that I mind, I really love it.

<time skip>

Jay's POV

Jay: "hey bro, wanna go to a study group later? My cousin's inviting me and she said I could bring a friend" I asked my best friend

Jungwon: "I don't do crowds" he said coldly, like usual

Jay: "you're coming with me and you never know you might actually enjoy it" he rolled his eyes, as always, and I just chuckled. He's been through a lot, that's why I don't get offended when he snobs me. I know he doesn't mean anything bad behind it

Park Y/n
Hey duuude wanna go with me to a study grp later? Bring a friend if u want

Park Jay
Okie I'll go and I'll bring my friend see ya

Park Y/n
Kk as long as u go I don't wanna be alone

I kept my phone in my pocket and continued walking. Maybe y/n and I could also get closer. We're first cousins but we rarely speak. To be fair we grew up in different countries. I grew up in the States and she stayed here in Korea. It was only for highschool I came back but we never talked. Ok fine kinda exaggerated, we rarely talked.

Lets just see how this goes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Jungwon ff!! Hope you'll like this story, and leave comments and suggestion for the next parts. Please lmk what u think of it so far and I'll try updating as much as I can. Don't forget to follow my tiktok hehe @heedeungie_engene