EPILOGUE

"Should we go visit your mom?" Paul, my father asked. I was standing in front of the Willow Tree where the former Chief was resting.

I gave him a smiled and stared into his eyes. "Sure."

"You should tell the Chief, I'll grab some stuff for us to bring." He said and responded with his lips pasted on the side of his mouth.

"Okay, I'll see you at the stable." I answered and held his hand before walking away.

We went on separate ways, while I was walking to where the Chief was, I happen to pass by the wall where Kali's paintings were once displayed. I took a pause and stared at the portrait that was hung on the wall. It was the former Chief. She was smiling while holding her staff made of gold.

When my eyes were satisfied with seeing the Chief's bright smile, I decided to go to the present Chief's room. I smiled at the guards who were guarding the area and knocked on the door when I set foot in front of the said chambers.

"Come in, it's open." I took a deep breath right before twisting the knob and opening the door.

Josh's physique directly greeted my way, he was sitting on his chair and later on stood up when he saw me entering his chamber. I took a bow before talking to him. "My Lord, my father wishes to go to our old village to pay a visit to my late mother."

He nodded questioningly. "Is that your only concern?"

"It is, My Lord." I answered formally and maintained my eyes on the floor. Looking at him straight in the eye after answering might bring me discomfort.

"My Lord?" he repeated. "We're the only people in the room, Jill. Why the courtesy?" he questioned and anticipated my answer when I felt his gaze straight to mine.

"It's a necessity and therefore should be maintained despite the current situation, My Lord." I uttered, kept my hands to myself and began to stare down again.

After I answered, I heard him laugh. It was a laughter that can only be heard whenever he's in a private space. "Alright, if that's what you prefer. Well, let's go back to your concern. Enlighten me with the time you'll possibly be consuming during your travel so I can estimate the shift and change in our security system?"

"Three days would be much so I'm guessing a day or two if possible." I answered directly.

He sat on his chair and opened the chart or his book of records. "Okay, I'll let Sergeant Coil take charge." He noted it down.

"Thank you, My Lord." I softly spoke, took a bow and turned around when I saw him nod.

I began to take steps towards the door, I heard Josh pull his chair and it made the floor creek. "Jill,"

I paused and my heart almost skipped a beat when I heard him call my name. I turned to look at him and saw him standing. "Be careful,"