Ch 23: I'll Reluctantly be the Crown Prince

Even Emperor Yun didn't expect Yun Zhongyao to say such words, and everyone looked at him in surprise. 

A touch of joy appeared in Chu Yan's eyes. In his opinion, Yun Zhongyao suddenly changed his mind, isn't it just because he couldn't bear to implicate him? He felt that Yun Zhongyao had feelings for him.

Yun Zhongyao's eyes drooped slightly, and his heart was faintly disappointed.

He suddenly changed his mind and naturally it wasn't because he had feelings for Chu Yan. He just saw Emperor Yun's somewhat angry and embarrassed expression.

Chu Yan was the prince of the Liuyue Kingdom. With this identity alone, he could not let Chu Yan be in an accident, because once Chu Yan had an accident the Liuyue Kingdom would inevitably feel angry and troubled and the people would surely lose their lives at that time (if a war broke out). 

Moreover, Yun Zhongyao was not injured at all. If he holds onto this matter, it will look like he has no tolerance.

Yun Zhongyao didn't want Emperor Yun to be embarrassed, much less Chu kingdom falling into war because of his selfishness. So he could only abandon his original plan for now. 

Yun Zhongyan didn't know what Yun Zhongyao was thinking, and suddenly got up with an angry face and walked away. 

Although Yun Zhongyao said that he(CY) would not be held accountable, Emperor Yun would not let this matter pass so easily.

In the end, Liuyue State gave a lot of compensation, that is why Emperor Yun let him(CY) go. 

And the compensations were all sent to the Seventh prince's palace. It was probably because Emperor Yun felt that Yun Zhongyao was wronged and couldn't bear it, right?

"Your Royal Highness." Yun Mo walked behind Yun Zhongyao and put a cloak on Yun Zhongyao's body.

Now that the weather was getting colder, Yun Zhongyao still liked to stand in the courtyard, but he wore thin clothes often making himself cold.

 "Third brother still refuses to meet me?" Yun Zhongyao asked softly.

After the autumn hunting that day, Yun Zhongyan seemed to be very angry, and refused to meet Yun Zhongyao.

"Yes... this subordinate went to meet the Third prince, and his highness said....." Yunmo pursed his lips, seeming to be a little tangled.

"What did he say?" Yun Zhongyao asked softly.

"Said that according to the speed of the envoys of the Liuyue kingdom, they will most likely leave the border of the Chu kingdom in two days. It is too late to send someone to catch up with them but, if Your Royal Highness is worried that an accident caused in the land of the Chu kingdom will make the people of Liuyue kingdom angry….you can wait for them to enter the land of Liuyue Kingdom before doing anything."

Yun Zhongyao gently closed his eyes and sighed lightly.

He had also thought about this plan in the beginning but things are not as simple as Yun Zhongyan had said. 

Is it easy to kill Chu Yan? If something goes wrong in the middle, it will affect the relationship between the two countries. After all, Chu Yan is the crown prince of Liuyue Kingdom.

Yun Zhongyao thought, if he was also the crown prince of Chu Kingdom, his status would be completely different. Perhaps his plans on the Autumn Hunting day would not need to be stopped temporarily.

After all, to murder the crown prince of another country, this only means the declaration of war.

Chu Yan is the crown prince. If Yun Zhongyao really wants to drive Chu Yan into a dead end, maybe he can only take up this position.