Ch 2: He Wants to Live in the Sun

He opened his eyes in a daze, probably because he hadn't seen light for a long time, he felt a stabbing pain in his eyes.

Am I... dead?

The pain from the bone piercing his throat seemed to remain, and he couldn't help coughing violently.

    "Ah! Your highness! What's wrong with you? Is your body uncomfortable? Call the maidservant to come!"

The familiar voice that he heard almost made Yun Zhongyao cry, and his voice trembled a little , "Shuang'er"

"My lord, the slaves here."

He opened his eyes and looked at the girl who grew up with him. He extended his hand to touch her face.

"Your Royal Highness?" Shuang'er looked at Yun Zhongyao curiously, whose mood fluctuates a little.

    Yun Zhongyao looked at her and suddenly thought of something, "What day is it now?"

    "Chu Yun's thirty-two year, the fifth day of June, Your Highness, what's wrong with you?"

    Chu Yun's thirty-two year... this time Yun Zhongyao is only sixteen years old, ten years before the tragedy happened.

Was it a nightmare? Still...

Yun Zhongyao calmed down  and said to Shuang'er, "Change this prince's clothes."

    Although Shuang'er felt that his Royal Highness was a little weird today, she didn't ask much and helped Yun Zhongyao put on his clothes.

    Yun Zhongyao walked to the Fuzhong courtyard and looked at the familiar plants and trees there. He who had been tortured to see no hope for a long time, suddenly couldn't tell whether he was dreaming or not.

"Yun Mo." Yun Zhongyao called out. He wanted to see this loyal guard who guarded him until the end.

    It seemed that he could still hear Yun Mo's difficult voice: "Your Highness...Run."

    The leaves on the tree behind him suddenly rose without wind, seeming to respond to Yun Zhongyao's words.

    "Come out."

"Subordinate,  greets the seventh prince." The clear voice was not the same as the hoarse voice in his memory, but it was somewhat similar.

Yun Zhongyao turned around and looked at the person who was wrapped in black from head to toe, leaving only a pair of eyes exposed.

Those beautiful peach blossom eyes are the same as in his memory, and there is a small pink birthmark at the corner of his eyes.

It's him.

Yun Zhongyao walked in front of Yun Mo.

Yun Mo was a little nervous. He didn't know what the master wanted when he suddenly called him out. Could it be that he did something wrong?

It didn't take long for Yun Mo to join the shadow guards, only to hear from his predecessors that the Seventh prince, who was as inviolable as an immortal, never acted as a demon, and was much easier to serve than other masters.

So he spent a lot of energy to win the opportunity to become the seventh prince's shadow guard.

The seventh prince is indeed like an immortal, beautiful, good temperament, not talkative, but when the long and narrow Phoenix eyes looked at him, Yun Mo was still nervous.

    "Your Royal Highness..."

    "Let this prince take a look at your face."

    Yun Mo was astonished for a moment. No master had ever wanted to see the appearance of a shadow guard. His seniors never taught him what to do in this kind of situation.