CHAPTER V

Joy's POV

It's like that scenario between me and Wendy never happened. We never talked about it again. Is she really just gonna ignore the fact that I need answers from what happened in the past?

We're here now at Wendy's home, once again. As usual, we're talking about our day, while preparing dinner. It just feels like we're slowly going back to the old days, except that they've been ignoring that topic.

"When is Irene unnie coming?" I heard Yeri whined as she sets up the table.

"Yeri. Aren't you too attached with Seulgi's girlfriend?" Wendy said. Her and Seulgi are grilling some meat. Seulgi unnie said Irene unnie will come after her shift from the hospital, since it's been a long time that she had seen us.

Irene unnie has been Seulgi unnie's girlfriend for years now. Wendy was still able to meet her, before she left. She is actually part of our circle, eversince Seulgi unnie introduce her to us, except that Irene unnie was just too busy that's why she seldom meet with us.

"Right? Even Joohyun is prioritizing her over me, sometimes." Seulgi unnie said and we just laugh.

Both Yeri and I prepared the table.

"Unnie." Yeri called just enough to be heard by us. I look at her.

"About the last time, we were here..." Is she apologizing again?

"I swear to God, if you say sorry again--"

"Did Wendy unnie told you already why she left?" She asked, I stared at her for a minute before shaking my head.

"Nope!" I crossed my arms. "How about, you tell me." I said and she scoff. She raised both her hands.

"Not my place." she said before she ran away. I just glad my relationship with her is back again. I smiled just watching her disappear from my sight, as she's going down stairs.

"Hey." A soft voice called beside me. I face her.

"Wendy! Need something?" I asked.

"Yes. Can you help me get the drinks downstairs? Seulgi's still with the grill." When I look at where unnie is, she looks like she's struggling. I burst out of laughter. "What's fun-- Yah!" Wendy ran back to where unnie is.

"What's happening here?" We heard a voice coming from the stairs.

"Unnie!!!" I ran and give her a hug.

"Sooyoung-ah. As much as I miss you too, I think my girlfriend is causing enough trouble already." She tap me back before removing herself from the hug. She smiled at me and walk her way to Seulgi and Wendy.

"Kang Seulgi, move away from the grill!" Seulgi unnie panicked, but still followed what unnie said.

From there, unnie took charge of the grilling. Yerim and I can't stop laughing whenever we look at Seulgi unnie.

"Why did you even leave this to Seulgi?" Irene unnie scolded Wendy.

"She said so! I thought she might be good at it already." Wendy explained. Irene unnie just shake her head.

"Go get the drinks already. I'll take care of this." Unnie said. Wendy nodded and then face me. huh? She walk to my direction.

"Let's go?" She said when she reached me. Oh! Right! She needs my help. I nodded then we walk our way already. I felt eyes on us. What's new?

"It's still funny how you let Seulgi unnie take charge." I said to her. She hand me some of the drinks to carry.

"On my behalf, you guys talk too much of how she became a good cook." Wendy said. We did say that.

"She is! But not with grilling something." I said. We walk back upstairs.

"Joy." She called, I hummed in response. "About the house..." I stopped with the mention of it. "If you really want it, I can just give this to you." I look at her, before I burst out of laughter. When I notice she was serious, I stopped.

"Why would you do that!?" I exclaimed.

"You said you wanted it." She look around the house. "I just thought that maybe giving it to you would not put this all into waste." She smiled and faced me again. What is she talking about?

"You're not staying here for good, aren't you?" I asked, hopeful that it's not the case. She shake her head, still with a smile. How can she still smile saying that to me? "Do they know?" When she nodded that's when I felt a lot of emotions getting in to me. I'm still the last to know? I hold it all in and give her a forced smile. "They might be waiting for us already." I said and move my way to the rooftop. I can't be dramatic now, we're all here to have fun and I don't want to ruin it for everyone.

When we arrived at the rooftop, the food was already on the table. Looks like they were just waiting for us. I place the drinks that I got on the table and sat beside Yerim.

"What took you so long?" Yerim whispered.

"It was not that long, Yerim." I said to her. I eyed Wendy as she sat beside Seulgi unnie, basically in front of me. When our eyes met I directly averted mine to avoid hers.

I mean it's good that she lets me know now, but the thought of not seeing her again is kind of killing me on the inside. I still have questions that needs answers. I still want her here.