CHAPTER X

Joy's POV

"She flew back to the states already." I don't know why but I am somehow relieved that nothing bad happened to her. Still!

"She was bound to go back." I slowly sat back on the chair. At least I was aware of it, this time. I just continue finishing up my food when I felt a tissue being shoved into my face.

"Really Joy? Crying while eating? Can you even still swallow..." I look up to her. She got up, went beside me and gave me a comforting hug.

"Unnie... Why do I always end up like this?" I sob.

Every time I realize that she's the one I needed most, I always end up realizing it too late. I'm so pissed at myself for it.

"The timing is just wrong now, Joy-ah."

"Will there still even be a time for us?" that made unnie silent. I felt her froze between our hug. "Unnie?" She let go  and look at me straight into the eyes.

"Sooyoung, did she ever tell you why she came back here in the first place?" huh? Now that I thought about it... I shake my head. Unnie gave me an apologetic look.

"No. Did she..." She nodded before I can even finish what I'm suppose to say. When will she ever trust me with her truths.

"She's getting married Sooyoung-ah." The moment I heard those words unnie said was the moment it all came to me.

The what ifs'...

The could've beens'...

Regrets dawned into me.

I look at Joohyun unnie, holding it all in, forcing a smile.

"I guess Our time will not really come, hmm?" I said and bit my lip, to hold my cries.

"I'm so sorry, Sooyoung-ah." unnie hugged me and that's when I cried it all.

"Unnie... *sob* it-it hurts." that's all I had to say.

All those years of longing for someone to comeback, just so for timing to not be on our side again. This time, will never be on our side.

Until I got tired of crying, unnie was just there for me. She tried calming me down, which I already did after almost an hour of crying my heart out.

"Sooyoung-ah." unnie called for me. "I should stay for the night." I look at unnie.

"I'll be fine, unnie, and I'm sure Seulgi unnie would whine again--"

"You're not fine Sooyoung, but Seulgi is." She said as she'strying to clean up what we where eating earlier. "Why don't you go clean up yourself and go to bed already. Have some rest. I know after all those things I've told you tonight, is a little too much. Sorry if I was not with you when you experience those hardships in the past. I'm not doing this just because I was guilty for that, it's also because I don't want you to think that you are alone. You'll never feel being alone again, I promise that." unnie said to me. I run to her an give her a hug.

"Seulgi unnie is so lucky!" I said as I squeeze her. She giggled at what I said. "And will be upset with you tomorrow"

"I can handle it." She assured me and gave me an apologetic smile again. "You're going to be okay, right?" I forced a smile and nodded. It sure will be hard for me, and I had no choice but to accept it.

"I will be." It'll just take time. "You can stay in any room unnie, just choose. Good night." I said before entering my room.

Just when I closed the door my tears started coming down again. From there I just crawled to my bed and cried all night long.

The regrets I'm feeling right now is killing me. We were just so good before. Was it really just because I made the wrong choice before? Now I'm here suffering with its consequences, for years. Wendy have always been that person, and I hated myself for not seeing it so soon, for her to slip away. To hell! I didn't even tried.

I knew where she went, I did, but I chose to ignore that info. I chose to ignore it because i got scared, of what excuse she might have to say if ever I asked her. I was scared that maybe she really just got tired of me. And Now I realized, I was so stupid for letting fear get to me. She loved me and I was so oblivious not to see it before.